I've stayed here many times while in San Diego, both for business and on vacation. They remodeled the rooms within the last few years, which is good as many of them were quite tired. The hotel property really has a resort feel but is not really high-end as much as it is family-friemdly. The beach is a short walk from almost every room (and is far less crowded than may other area beaches) and there are lots of pools throughout the property, and there are also bike rentals, mini-golf, and tennis on-site, so you can stay on the grounds and still have lots to do. Sea World is less than a 2 minute drive away, and downtown is only about a 15 minute trip. It's not really convenient for business other than on-site conferences but makes for a great getaway if you happen to be in the San Diego area. It can also get pricey during peak summer months, as is expected, but you can find great deals and often get upgraded by going during off-peak times. Overall, I really like this hotel and hope to be back again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego