Well, I guess it all depends on what your idea of paradise is. We saw a lot of repeat customers when we stayed here in August 2002, so clearly it works for some - but not for me. Don't be duped, as I was, by the slick web site that suggests a serene high-end experience. Service, value and amenities here are really poor. The beach is ugly, the main pool is mediocre, and all the little pools aren't even worth a mention.
I want to especially caution anyone thinking of coming here with small children, as I did not find this place at all suitable for them. Of most concern are the roads that COVER the property (the lovely landscaping is only in the center, not around the units), with constant traffic and many, many blind corners. One step off our patio and my kids were at risk. Also, with kids, and limited restaurant options on site, seemed worth it to pay extra for a room (large and clean, by the way) with a kitchen - but only got a microwave and bar fridge. No cookware or cooking utensils and had to phone to even get some plates.
I asked for a refund on the "kitchen" and got it. Southern Cal. has way better options than this one - keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, HotelPower, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego