When my travel agent suggested Paradise Point, I was definitely nervous, what with so many mixed reviews here. But I took a shot, and I am glad. Our family, including several small children, really enjoyed PP. We rolled in at 3:15 on a Saturday and no one was around guest-wise. Based on previous reviews, I was worried about not being able to check in. No problem at all actually, I walked right to the counter, quick CC swipe and got the key. The bell staff came right over and gave me a ride on their golf cart while my family followed behind in the van. Parked at the unit, a suite on a little cove, and the bellman took everything in. Suite was perfect for us, a living room with pullout sofa, nice little kitchenette with refridge/micro/sink and then a separate bedroom. No cracks, smells, etc. They had forgotten our cribs, so a quick call and three minutes later another cart pulls up and a man sets them up for us.
The rest of the stay was very. Our kids loved the little cove as they could goof off in the sand and chase birds. The firepit was a huge, especially when we made smores. Staff we encountered were nice, efficient. We did not make much use of the pools or grounds due to weather and off-site activities, but the place really is pretty, reminiscent of resorts in Hawaii with all the flowers and foliage.
So I feel relief and good fortune for our stay. About the only thing I can say is that I wish it was a little closer or walking distance to offsite shops/restaurants, we took our car out almost every day. Never more than 15 minutes, but might try the Marina or Coronado some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Prestigia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego