“Kids likes Room & Beach”

Super 8 San Diego/Imperial Beach
Ranked #221 of 278 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carbondale
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hotel was in close proximity with our main destination, the staff was excellent, the rooms average, cost was decent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank CKLister
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

What a hole! The picture online are misleading. First thing I do when checking into a hotel (no matter how nice it is) is check for bed bugs and although not surprised I found some. It appeared as though they had been there for a while. The clerk was very understanding and wanted to move us but I was still itching from what I found, the rooms stinks, and just a gross feel I told her we were going somewhere else. I asked for a refund. Clerk didn't have permission to credit a guest. No manager on duty. She gave me General manager's card and told me to call her. Clerk called her GM while I was there. I was told that if they find bugs they would credit me. I left my contact information and haven't received a credit or a call. Im looking more forward to a call than a credit.

Matress is dirty, room smells and concerns not addressed. Only good thing I can say about this hole is the clerk was very understanding and friendly. Bed bugs are inevitable but should be a routine check when cleaning a room. Manager should be on duty at all times. I drove a long way to get there, not what I wanted to deal with at 11pm. I'm overly concerned that the manager (via clerk) made me feel like I was making it up. I'm even more concerned that a property that could use a good review and loyal customers handles the situations poorly. I will never return.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank ndvibbard

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Imperial Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2013

booked with you for my kids visiting, they liked the hotel very much and will use it again next time they come for a visit

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

#230 of 278 in San Diego
Chula Vista Inn
Chula Vista Inn
#11 of 22 in Chula Vista

Been to Super 8 San Diego/Imperial Beach? Share your experiences!