“great service”

Ranked #236 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego
“great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

The front office workers where really helpful. the only thing that I didn't like was that the shower and the sink water was hot NO COLD WATER. we told them and they fix it. But after 40 min the problem came back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Travelled during Thanksgiving 2011 and couldn't be more disappointed with this motel. I had my toddler travelling with me and my husband and wanted a non-smoking room, however, we could smell smoke all over the corridor and room we were given. It was the first unpleasant experience it this hotel - the rest followed as we entered our room: thin, darkish-white towels I was skeptical to use, bath tubs that had dirty scum at the bottom,dirty carpet and very stained pillows that were camouflaged by white pillow cases. I was almost afraid to use their linen but had no choice. Breakfast is so-so. The saving feature of this hotel is their very accommodating staff. This is a tired old hotel that needs renovation and new linen.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Definitely get what you pay for. Cheap price = cheap quality. I was afraid for myself and my family to sleep on the beds. We got two rooms with two queen beds each, they both had an odd smell to them. One beds blankets, sheets and pillows had hair all over them. One bed had what looked like old blood stains on the sheets and mattress cover. The heater blew cold air and the fridge was useless, it didn't close all the way. Not to mention the shower water was freezing then you'd get the water right and it would burn you. Never staying here again !!!

• Stayed December 2011
jamul,ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

I've been coming to this super8 for a couple years now and have seen good improvment under the new mangment. great front desk staff and freindly house keeping. great value for your money esspesially being close to the beach and downtown. WILL DEFINETLY COME BACK !!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lakerpimp619
shannonlorr
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

This place is absolutely the most disrespectful place. I booked the hotel and needed to cancel my reservations because I am stationed at Edwards AFB. We had an aircraft mishap where we had an airplace crash! A T-38 jet! I am a medic in the USAF and an EMT I had to respond to the incident and they would not refund my money back to me. They told me that I was being charged 100%. That is absolutely rediculous. I am being punished and being charged because I am in the military and couldnt help the call. That is ridiculous! They are not supportive of our military and that is ridiculous. I am absolutely amazed as people can not be supportive of their military. I will tell every person I know NEVER to use this place. If you use this hotel you are not supporting your military! And of all things it is Memorial Day weekend the day you should be respecting your military personnel. That is so ridiculous!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shannonlorr
McAllen, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

Online pictures were misleading. Broken locks and windows. unfriendly night staff. Had 7 (ages 5-16) with us, but this was not a family hotel. Not a very good location. reviews on website we booked through were misleading (must have been the hotel owner who wrote the good reviews) would never recommend to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank kathi913
Birmingham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2008

Now the hotel itself wasn't especially bad, the room was large and clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was good with a variety of items on offer.
It's not in a good area though. At night there were kids hanging around on the car park. We went out for food nearby and felt very uncomfortable walking to and from the car both on the hotel car park and also at the pizza shop. And it wasn't until the following morning when we opened the curtains that we noticed how the window frame was pulled out of shape from where someone had tried to force it open from the outside.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
#10 of 20 in Chula Vista
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
#4 of 20 in Chula Vista

Been to Super 8 San Diego/Imperial Beach? Share your experiences!