Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
  • Pool
3,434 results
All reviewsmission baygordon berryacqua restaurantfire pitsea worldpool areatennis courtsgarden viewold townbeautiful propertyfamily vacationrental carla jollaconciergeconferencetowersmores
Reviewed February 11, 2009

This Hilton has beautiful grounds but the rooms are dated. I stayed in 543 in a roomy villa room. I am enjoying a nice view of the bay, but the room just feels dated. Also, you will need to dirve to any restaurants.

They also charge $20/day for the car and $11/day for internet. It's just OK and I won't rush back.

The good news is that it is very convenient to I5 and it is very close to both Sushi Ota and the original Rubios. There is also a nice walking path connected to the hotel and the pool is very nice.

It you get a very good deal, then this is OK. If not, then I would hesitate to pay full price.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on a recent business trip. I booked a tower room on the hotel's website, but when I checked in, I was given room 221 in one of the villas (a nice upgrade). The room was on the second floor, looking out on the water & had an amazing view of the sunset. The room was clean, updated & nicely decorated. The Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries at the Hilton hotels are always nice.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is not close to any restaurants or to downtown, so a car or a taxi are necessary if you want to leave the property. A taxi to/from the airport runs $20-25 each way, depending on the taxi company. I also found that airport shuttles vary in price significantly. It was $17 from the airport to the hotel & only $9 from the hotel to the airport with a different company.

The hotel staff were friendly & helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MMM2001
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Stayed at the Hilton Resort for a short conference in January, 2009. My room overlooked Mission Bay and Seaworld in a newly renovated guest room located in one of the villas. I was able to check into my room before noon. Accomodations and grounds (including pool) were beautiful. I didn't have time to use it, but the hotel also had a great workout facility with a steam room.

The only problem with this resort, if there is one, is it is not located close to any restaurants, so you are captive to the hotel's dining facilities unless you have a car. Also, parking will cost you $22/night if you do have a vehicle. However, to keep that in context, a short cab ride to Old Town or beyond will cost you about $15 plus tip for each way, more than offsetting the parking cost. A taxi to the airport is $25 plus tip one way.

The good news is the hotel's restaurant food and service is excellent if you choose to eat there. Breakfast and lunch are pricey ($15-$20/person) but dinner prices were very reasonable.

I really must compliment every employee I came in contact with at this property . . . from the front desk to the concierce, from the bellhop to the maintenance people, from the housekeeper to the restaurant staff. EVERYONE was professional, courteous and out-going in their hospitality.

It was a truly great hotel. Don't let the few negative reviews here convince you otherwise.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank KC_travels08
Reviewed January 7, 2009

My husband and I booked a standard room in Nov. through Orbitz with a non refundable, what we thought was a good, rate.for a trip Dec. 30-Jan.2 We were told we could not request a room till ck. in at 4pm.Got there at 3:56pm and were told all the waterfront rms. were taken.We were told they had all been taken by earlier ck. ins. We were told we couldn't ck in early.I asked how this happened, and they simply shrugged and said "sorry." We got stuck in a rm. for 3 nights overlooking the frwy and next to the ice machine and elevator that made noise all night long.Our last night we were talking to a couple at the bar that got a rate $50 less than ours(looking over the Bay). The restaurant was pricey, but very good with excellent service. We will not be going back,especially since there are so many hotels to choose from.I will return to ACQUA though.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Nice, well-decorated rooms. Good pool area. Lots of on site activity options. If you don't know San Diego and will be at the hotel a lot this is an excellent spot. It is close to Sea World. It is not on the ocean but rather Mission Bay which has no surf. The sailing and jet skiing are great here. One down side is there aren't close restaurants within walking distance. You'll have to drive to eat or stay in the resort which charges a bundle for breakfast and lunch.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple