“Another wonderful holiday” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Diamond Bar, California
“Another wonderful holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Third stay at Hilton resort. I will return. Great location for 4th of July fireworks viewing. Clean, well decorated rooms. Great for families. Plenty of swimming opportunities at pool or bay. I would have given them a five star rating except for room readiness delay. It took three hours and two phone calls to main desk to get the family's second room.
Still had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Water view from most rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the impressive, nightly firework displays. I apologize for the atypical delay in getting your room prepared during this busy holiday weekend, and we look forward to the chance of hosting you again. Please reach out the next time you're in the area; we'd love to share more of our resort with you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Every time we came , we got the nicest room on the property . We watched the sea world fireworks all cuddled together on our patio day bed. Unforgettable precious moment with my family. Staff is extremely friendly. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Bay front room ground level are the best.

1 Thank Paul P
Thanks for being a loyal guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us, Paul. I'm thrilled to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays, and we look forward to sharing more of our oasis with you!
Homer Glen, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed for three days at this beautiful resort. Everything was just perfect for our stay. The room was very nice we had a great view. We got to enjoy the Seaworld fireworks every night from our balcony. Service at the pool, restaurant, bar and front desk was excellent. I hope to come back for another visit. I would recommend this wonderful resort to all.

2 Thank Jennifer K
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us, Jennifer. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our unparalleled views and nightly firework displays, and I will certainly pass your praises along to all our staff. We hope that you'll reach out the next time you visit the area; there's much more of our region and resort to share with you!
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overall, the hotel is a good value for the price. It's location, especially it's proximity to Sea World, is great. Waterfront rooms are nice, although I specifically requested a lower level walkout unit at the time of the reservation, which I didn't receive. Service was good. I would strongly suggest that they replace the extra blankets stored in the closets. We went to use it with a roll away for one of our children and couldn't believe it's condition. It was some kind of foam that had degraded to the point of breaking if we dared unfold it. It was actually pretty gross.

Great staff.

Room Tip: See if you can get a written guarantee for a lower level unit on the bay side of the hotel.

2 Thank Leah F
Thanks for visiting and for taking the opportunity to review your stay with us, Leah. I'm glad to hear that our location and rooms made for a pleasant stay, and I apologize for any miscommunications regarding your preferred accommodations. I will also be certain to relay your concerns along to our housekeeping team, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you return to the area; your feedback enables us to grow and improve, and we would love to share our continued evolution with you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was disapointed that there was no elevator in my villa since I have a stroller that I had to take down the stairs, with a very heavy 10 month old daily, the room that I booked was not the room I was told I was getting but had a very nice stay. The rooms are very clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jismesa777
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our resort at large, and we look forward to the opportunity of sharing more of it with you. I will certainly look into your rooming accommodations, and I will pass along your frustrations regarding accessibility. That said, I'd like to assure you that we have a large selection of room types and locales available, and I would love to set you up with one that's better suited to your returning visits. Please reach out the next time you're in the area; we'd love to host you and your family again!
Saint John, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The resort is nice, but when we saw it on the internet we thought it would be on more water. That was kind of dissapointing, the view is nice but not like a large bay would be. you could see the fireworks from Saworld and that was very nice. Seaworld is just on the other side of the bay, this would be a good place to stay if you are visiting Seaworld. The pool are is very nice and the fitness room was great. The restaurant was not very good and the service was extremely slow both for dinner and breakfast. The rooms were clean, but we did have to request items from the maid such as shampoo and washclothes that were not left in the room after cleaning.

Room Tip: If you are put in the front building with the bayfront view ask for the second floor, we were on the...
    • 3 of 5 stars
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the opportunity to share your experience with us, Vicki. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our facility and the unparalleled views offered by our SeaWorld proximity. I’d also like to apologize for any delayed services you received from our restaurant team, and I will surely pass the concerns along on your behalf. We hope that you'll reach out to us again if you revisit the area; we'd love to share more of our resort and region with you!
Hollister, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

i got a good deal on the hotel rate, but $36 bucks a night for parking + $19 for resort fees, plus taxes etc... all added up to an extra $100 a day in fees - wow - cut my 4 day stay here to 1 night and got a different hotel at considerable saving

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to share your review with us. While our resort fee affords for the many amenities we're able to offer at our Hilton Resort, I can appreciate how this might have caught you off-guard during your stay. It's my sincere hope that you'll visit the area again and reach out to experience our continued growth and evolution, driven by feedback from guests like you. Many thanks again for your time; we hope to hear more from you soon.