“San Diego Long weekend relaxer”

Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
Ranked #100 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We only live 70 miles away from the hotel. A great place to run off to for a long weekend . Lounge & restaurant are very comfortable. Grounds are beautiful. Front desk agents are great. Looking forward to our next stay!!

Room Tip: Try to get a package deal if possible. We have been staying at the resort on & off for 30 years...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bernard O
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thanks so much for choosing the San Diego Hilton Resort as your getaway destination. We're honored to be able to afford you with peace, tranquility, and an escape from it all, and we'll be so glad to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days, we were wishing we had booked more days as we loved it. The location is lovely, hotel staff very helpful and friendly, and you were always greeted with smiles. We had breakfast at their restaurant on site and sat outside looking out onto the bay, j and sat at night round the fire pits just perfect!

The beds are comfortable, room very spacious in all we had no complaints – perfect holiday!

A must to visit is the old town and the Gas lamp area in downtown San Diego

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary C

Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to share such kind words with us, Gary. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our San Diego oasis, and that our food, space, and services exceeded your expectations. We hope that you'll reach out to us again if you revisit the San Diego area; we have so much to offer, and we'd love to share more of our gorgeous city and resort with you!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have stayed at your property for the last 6 years. Noticed missing amenities, e.g., morning newspaper at door, bill delivered to the door at day of departure. Also the rooms are getting a bit long in the tooth. Our room had inoperative lights and a faucet in need of repair-time for rehab. But a great location and a great staff. Still object to the "parking fee" which has risen from $25 to $37 per day-this is a bit of a rip off.
Will we return? Most likely.

M. Austin

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks so much for being a loyal guest of our Hilton resort. We're always so grateful to have returning guests and reviewers who are able to lend their supportive insights to our continued evolvement. I will certainly pass along your recommendations, and we hope to be able to share more of our continued growth and improvements with you!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great location on Mission Bay. Close to Seaworld and many attractions in the San Diego area. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Beautiful, well appointed resort with many family friendly activities. Would definitely stay here again when visiting the San Diego area!

Room Tip: Loved our bay view suite! Roomy and comfortable with an awesome view.
2  Thank Debra S
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us Debra. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our scenic resort and its centrality to so many of San Diego's premier attractions. Thanks again for your time and advocacy; we hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you visit the area!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel rooms are very nice inside but the outside of the hotel (hallways, walkways, stairways, etc) is very dated and in poor condition. The pool looked nice but June weather was not warm enough to enjoy it. Not enough restaurant options. In general there were some good points to the hotel and some no so favorable things. I am a big fan of Hilton but not sure I would choose to stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor have no elevator.
1  Thank Kari W

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us, Karl, and thank you for being a loyal guest of the Hilton. I'm glad to hear that your room met your satisfaction, and I will certainly relay your common area concerns along to our housekeeping and maintenance teams. Feedback like yours enables us to improve and to grow, and we're thankful to have had you as our guest. Thanks again for your time, and we hope to see more of you soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a great time in San Diego! The hotel staff was SUPER nice and friendly. Some of the hallways leading to the room could use a little updating but the rooms themselves were super nice and so was the pool area, fire pits, hot tubs, and baby pool.

1  Thank j9star

Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay, and I appreciate your attention to our central areas. I will be certain to pass your concerns along, and we hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you visit the San Diego area.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel just recently for a short getaway with the family. Overall a great resort for the family and would likely stay again. There are a few things that bring my overall rating of the property down to a 4 star, but all in all, this is a great resort for a family vacation. I stayed in a King bed villa with waterfront view, and the room looked like it had been renovated not too long ago. The bed was comfortable and having a mini-fridge in the room is always convenient.

Negative comments
- Parking is way too expensive at $34 per day. Why is the hotel charging its guests so much for parking? It becomes cost prohibitive to stay at this hotel longer than a couple days - if I was staying longer than 2 nights, I would probably look for a hotel that provided free parking because I would rather spend $100+ on other things like food or entertainment than on parking. This is probably the biggest detractor in why I would reconsider staying here again.
- Resort charge of $19 per day - what am I getting for this extra charge? Just because hotels in Las Vegas started charging for this doesn't mean hotels in San Diego should follow suit. I think I got a coupon book for this charge and access to the fitness room which I didn't use. And why am I paying for a coupon book that is meant to entice me to spend money at the resort anyway? Nickel and diming me isn't a great way to earn repeat business.
- Wifi is spotty. Self explanatory.
- Bathroom is small, but it looked like it was somewhat recently renovated so it wasn't too bad.
- Housekeeping didn't do a great job of vacuuming before I got to my room. I found sunflower seeds strewn around on the floor of my room, made me think twice about walking around barefoot.

Positive comments:
- Kiddie pool was great for my 18 month old son. The pool isn't all that big, but it's just 1 foot deep and has ball pit balls in it for the kids to play with. Don't be fooled though by the depth - make sure you watch your children because even a couple inches of water is enough for them to drown.
- Service was excellent. The majority of the hotel staff were friendly and willing to help.
- Location is great. You're right by Mission Bay, so you're literally down the street from Sea World and not too far away from Downtown. You're also a stone's throw away from Phil's BBQ which is a must eat at place whenever you're in San Diego.
- Sports rentals. There's a location right outside of the back of the hotel where you can rent bikes, tandem surreys, boats, and jet skis.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While your experience was mixed, I'm glad to hear all the positive things that outweighed those disconcerting ones. I apologize for the unexpected fees incurred, and while we hope these are supported by the amenities we offer, I can appreciate your frustrations if those go unused. Please know that I will pass your concerns along to our team, and that guest service remains our chief priority. Thanks again for your time and review; we hope to hear more from you soon!