“Our Favorite Place to Stay!!!”

Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
Ranked #95 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Our Favorite Place to Stay!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our favorite hotel to stay when visiting friends and Seaworld. Great location!!! Loved the food and relaxing beach side atmosphere. The staff is friendly and provide excellent service. Rooms are clean and comfortable and it seems everyone is happy doing their job. Very pleasant stay!

Thank you for maintaining your high standards! We love the Hilton!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ilovesandiego
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to share your experience. As close as we are to all of San Diego's exciting attractions, we're miles apart in the secluded getaway we offer. I'm thrilled to hear our friendly and outgoing team was able to make your stay even more pleasurable, and we hope to see you again during your next San Diego visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Marino, California
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was attending a conference at the hotel, and was not an overnight guest. During a very busy Happy Hour at the Olive Bar on Sunday, April 28, the cocktail waitress, Nadia, was outstanding; very efficient and very gracious, even though she was swamped. Rashid is an excellent waiter, very attentive. Laurent, the manager, was always around, helping serve food, clear tables and keeping an eye on the work flow. Kudos to an outstanding staff and a very well managed bar and restaurant. (and the happy hour is a great bargain!)

1 Thank Pamela P
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to review your experience at The Olive Lounge, Pamela. We pride ourselves on our professional and knowledgeable team, and Nadia, Rashid, and Laurent are some of our finest; I will surely pass your kind words along to them. Please keep the HIlton San Diego Resort and Spa in mind for any of your future work or relaxation needs. We've got something to offer for any occasion, and we'd love to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked my trip with Hotwire, as I have never been to San Diego, and was simply looking for a nice place on the Ocean to relax for a long weekend. Once I arrived, I asked about an upgrade, as I mistakenly booked a room with 2 queen beds, instead of 1 king... All my fault.

Amanda at the front desk was extremely pleasant to speak to and upgraded me to a villa for a very reasonable fee. She obviously noticed that I was with my girlfriend for a romantic weekend, and surprised me with a bottle of Champagne in my room. These are the things that I will remember and that turn a good vacation into a great one.

The room was gorgeous, clean, and right on the water. It exceeded all of my expectations. The pleasant staff, from the valet attendant to Amanda at the front desk deserve accolades for making their customers happy, just by being nice.

I would stay here again in a heart beat, and I will be recommending it to anyone who wants to stay in Mission Bay.

Room Tip: the villas on the water are worth the surcharge.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for visiting and taking the time to review our resort and spa. I'm thrilled to hear that Amanda and the rest of our team was able to make you stay with us a memorable one. She truly captured the high, Hilton standard we aim for, and I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to her and the team. I hope you consider a return visit to our coastal oasis if you return to San Diego. Many thanks again, and we hope to see more of you in the future!
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I did not sleep here but I worked an event on location. Beautiful fire place, pool area etc to enjoy the outdoors. Service was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a relatively far drive from downtown, but beautiful. The atmosphere was awesome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica P
Thanks for taking the opportunity to review our resort and spa with such kind words, Amanda. It's a pleasure to host overnight and day guests, and we'd love to have you again in the future. While we might seem a bit separated from downtown, we do offer a variety of services to facilitate your transport in and out of our private oasis. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you return to the area and desire an exceptional escape from it all; we'd love to see you again soon!
San Diego, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean, but everything cost a little extra. There was no free internet access, nor complementary breakfast. The prices for meals were very pricey. The hotel staff was friendly. The pool and the jacuzzis were amazing. The spa was nice, but again, expensive. Overall it was a good experience, but it didn't live up to the high expectations given how expensive it is.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us, Manuela. I'm glad to hear that you took advantage of some of the many amenities we offer, and that our exceptional staff was able to make your stay an enjoyable one. I apologize that some of our extras come at a cost, but it is our high hope that our passbook of savings can help you to reap great discounts on the all-encompassing experience we provide. Thanks again for taking to review your stay, and we hope to see more of you in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I travel extensively around the world and always love it when I book at this hotel! The property is great and the front desk supervisor Alyssa is awesome!!!

It makes such a big difference when the front desk team members make you feel not only welcomed, but are sincerely happy that you chose their property to stay at!

Thank you Hilton SD Resorts for having a fantastic representative shine for the Hilton brand!!

2 Thank MarkAnthonyBates
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks for visiting us again and for taking the time to review our resort, Mark. I'm thrilled to hear that Alyssa was able to make your visit an even more hospitable one, and that the Hilton brand has become a staple of your travels. Thanks again for your time and accolades, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I were a little nervous after reading very mixed reviews on this property. We came very close to changing at the last minute, but we're definitely happy we stuck with it.

We were there just a week ago with two young children. Staff from check-in, to the hotel restaurant, Acqua, to maid-staff, were very friendly (without being overly so), and wanting to help. In fact, when we asked for a room upgrade, the person behind the desk gave us keys to two different rooms to check out, and she even reduced the cost of the upgrade because we "were there with our kids and she wanted to make sure we had a great vacation." We were pleasantly surprised.

There have been reviews of the property needing upgrading. Our room was a good size, with two queen beds. The bathroom was modern and clean, although there it could have used some clean up on the caulking.

Restaurant was decent and not too over-priced (don't get me wrong, it's not cheap). Pool was heated and clean. Great central location: 30 minutes to Legoland, 10-12 minutes to the zoo, 15 minutes to Coronado. 5 minutes to Old Town.

The only reasons it doesn't get 5 stars are the before-mentioned issues with caulking, and one of the rooms that we were considering that had a nice bay view smelled mildewy (I think it was room 233), so we just kept the original room overlooking the parking lot. Also, the wi-fi connection was horribly slow. So slow that I ended up just creating a wireless hotspot with my phone and got a faster connection that way.

For people planning a trip to San Diego, I definitely recommend this hotel. Oh, and don't forget about the $33 per day fee for parking. I'm from Boston so I rarely expect free parking anywhere...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David N
Thanks for visiting and taking the time to share your experience, David. I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to make your San Diego stay a memorable one, and I'm glad you were able to overlook the naysayers. We pride ourselves in our professional and knowledgeable team members, and we aim is to provide an escape and an oasis that is unlike any other. I will certainly address your caulking concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance teams, and I appreciate your bringing this to our attention. Thanks again for your time, and we hope to see you again if you return to our city.