“Expect a lovely stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Expect a lovely stay”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The reason my husband & I chose this hotel was fairly simple - it's proximity to Sea World, but what we didn't realize was that it came with a beautiful view of sea world at night too. Bonus.
Located on mission bay, this is a beautiful place to just take a stroll or relax by their coffee shop/restaurant/spa or if you are adventurous, you can rent a bike or kayak - take your pick. All this right next to the hotel. The huge park next to this resort gave us so much peace. We sat there for hours gazing into the bay waters watching vacationers enjoying their water sports. So much so that we decided to take a walk to sea world from our hotel, a mere 1.3 mile walk. You can watch the bay from the highest floor(where we stayed) or stay close to the waters in their cottage/villa styled rooms. Dreamy place with just the perfect weather to make you smile. Room at the top floor was nice, the surprise was a sea gull(I think it was a sea gull) who came to our patio 2 days in a row. Could the morning be any better.
We loved our stay in Hilton & expect everyone to love theirs too. We picked so many souvenirs from their marketplace.

P.S. I loved their exfoliating bodyscrub. Smelled amazing.

Cheers,
Finla & Alok

• Stayed December 2012
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I'm happy we were able to provide you with the services and amenities you've come to expect from a Hilton. Our location is one of our most inviting features, which allows our guests to walk to one of San Diego's most famous landmarks, Sea World then relax and unwind bayside at our resort. We do hope that the next time you find yourself in our area, that you allow us the opportunity to host you again.

Vera Johnson, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
El Cajon, California, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for a weekend getaway. Not only was making the reservation super easy, but everyone i spoke with, the on site reservationists, were really accomodating and answered every question i had. The front desk staff is very attentive and through. After we got settled into the room, I decided to do a mani-pedi in the spa. I was amazed at how relaxing and tranquil Spa Brezza is. The staff was also just as amazing. My boyfriend and I did dinner at the restaurant. The food was awesome!! Definitely surpassed all my expectations!!! The pool is great, the location is superb. Its within minutes of everything San Diego has to offer. And the hotel is right on the bay, which is beautiful, especially if you book one of the waterfront rooms. They're a little bit higher priced, but the view and the convenience is definitely worth. I even saw room that had their own fire rings on the patio. Next time Im definitely opting for one of those!!! But, if not there's fire rings on the beach!! LOVED this property, and I will definitely be staying again!

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms have the best view and are most convenient to everything on the property!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Valerie H
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that we were able to provide you with an unforgettable experience. We hope that your travels bring you back to San Diego and that you allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Internet doesn't work. It is not HIGH SPEED, its plug in ethernet and it is so SLOW. Completely overpriced. I couldn't believe that they did not inform me that they had no internet that night. The room ended up being almost $300.00. Totally not worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AttyCB
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us during your stay with us and apologize for any inconvenience not having internet may have caused you. I am happy to report that thanks to your honest feedback, and the feedback of other valued guests, we have made wireless internet available in our guestrooms. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again to experience this and the many other improvements we've made.

Alturas, California
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one of his work conferences and we really enjoyed it! It is located right off I-5 on Mission Bay on beautifully maintained grounds with lots of tropical foilage. Our check in was quick and easy and our room was just right! We stayed in room 207, a requested top floor that had nice view of the bay from the patio sitting area. The bed was comfortable (we had two queens, wished for a king but wasn't guaranteed one with the conference) and the bath had all the amentities that were replaced daily. All the staff that we dealt with were very friendly and efficient. I enjoyed sitting in the pool area one evening waiting for my husband with a drink that the bartender put in a plastic cup for the pool deck. They also have a nice workout room that has locker rooms. If there is one caveat it would be that the property does need some updating, but it appears that may be in the works.

Room Tip: I would request a room that faces away from I-5 for noise issues.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenipela
Madera, California
Reviewed January 11, 2013

2 miles to old town, 1.5 miles to sea world,on the bay with an ocean front running path, even fire rings on the beach and at several rooms. You cannot go wrong here, easy access with no traffic is worth it when comparing to hotel circle and the dirty rooms you get.
The older section does need updating. I had an ocean front room. The spacious balcony has a lenghtwise planter that has seen better days, filled with stinky water and weeds. Should be capped off with tin if not used, it looks horrible. The room was modern and updated. Very clean and a great staff.
Bring your own food, 24 dollars for oatmeal is nuts. They do not check parking so do not disclose. Its a big lot that is spread out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank paul b
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. The condition of our guest rooms and planters is something we continuously work to improve and are grateful you brought this to our attention. We hope you will return in the future and experience the service and quality you have come to expect from us.

Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The location and layout is outstanding. The tower needs updating. The food is very good. The wifi is weak. The parking fee of $32.00 is out of line. Front desk is friendly but check in took 30 minutes. I am not sure that I would return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west in the tower. Higher is better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank limen53
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience and about parking at our hotel. Your review provides feedback that our hotel team needs to re-evaluate guest needs and meet guest expectation. Please feel free to provide any additional feedback to me at vjohnson@missionbayhilton.com.

Thanks,
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We came in for a four day stay and were happy from the minute we stepped into the lobby. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating. The Acqua Bistro is fantastic. We were told that Prada in Balboa Park was the best but found Acqua's food far superior.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will be able to use it to improve our guest experience. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Warm Regards,