Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
$319
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $314/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$211
$183
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$188
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

$226
$161
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$195
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$347
$311
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

$338
$229
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

3,459 results
All reviewsmission baygordon berryacqua restaurantfire pitsea worldpool areatennis courtsold townbeautiful propertybay viewfamily vacationrental carla jollaconciergeconferencetowersmores
Reviewed July 15, 2011

the hotel is located just few minutes from downtown and very close by to Seaworld. So if you want to plan a family's vacation focused on Seaworld is perfect but that's all. This is an average resort hotel you are not expecting from the Hilton. The infrastractures are old and mamy of the area are dirty, I spent many morning around the concierge to get connected with Wi-Fii and this area aws always full of paper, glasses, while the floor was really dirty.
The breakfast was good, with just one machine (!!) for the toasting the bread. The rooms were large enough but it is almost incredible the lack of accessories in the bathroom, if you need anyhting else than body wash and shampoo you have to ask at the concierge.
The staff was friendly and helpful out that the young waitress at the pool, they looked a little bit "spoiled".

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Fab65Roma_Italy
hiltonmissionbay, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Fab65Roma_Italy

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m sorry that we fell short of your expectation regarding our infrastructure and accessories in the bathroom. I’m happy to report that just after the first of next year we will start a renovation of those systems and will have them brought up to the newest standard shortly. I would love to hear from you what you felt was missing in the bathroom; we do currently carry the Hilton standard shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, facial soap, hair dryer, and a makeup mirror so I’m not sure what you thought was missing? I have also shared your comments with the appropriate operation managers in an effort to focus on your concerns. Thank you again for your comments and feel free to contact me at gfracassa@missionbayhilton.com with those suggestions.

Respectfully,

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We recently stayed at the Hilton San Diego Resort. As a Hilton honor member, we have enjoyed staying a various Hiltons. Before booking this hotel, we had read many positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Upon check we were given a room in the Villa waterfront. The Villa has two floors. As a warning for those that may need an elevator, there are only stairs. Outside our room and throughout the stair case was the strong smell of insect pesticide. On one of the evenings, we saw a roach run across the bathroom floor. I could catch it fast enough. The buildings and the decor of the resort looks old and run down. The place almost had a feel more of a motel. A couple of years ago we stayed at the HIlton resort on the big island of Hawaii. Now that's a real resort.

The staff at this Hilton was friendly. The pool would be the best part of the hotel. From the pool, we could see the firework show from Sea World. The parking was $25 per day. Not sure why because there isn't any other real business nearby.

The breakfast buffet was also disappointment. Not many selections compared to the other Hilton buffets we've been too. Even though our breakfast voucher took off $13 dollars per person, we still paid over $20 dollars after tip for a limited breakfast selection. After the first day, we just ate in Downtown.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Hawaiidreamer1
hiltonmissionbay, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

ravel277,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take all our guest comments very seriously and want you to know that your areas of concern will be discussed with the appropriate department director. I can’t disagree that our Resort is different then other Hilton resort. Although we all have the same resort core standards we do very in location and in some cases amenities. I do hope you had the opportunity to enjoy some of the other complementary guest activates offered by our water sports and activity department during your stay as well as the pool. Thank you again for staying with us and please feel free to contact me if you would like to suggest additional options we could add to enhance the resort experience as you see it.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I am a regular Hilton customer so of course, I judge one against another. This resort just didn't meet up to others that I have stayed at just due to the horrible service we experienced in the restaurant. Over the course of three days we had one dinner and three breakfasts at Acqua. At dinner they wanted to seat us outside which I said would be fine as long as we had a heater and the hostess said no problem. We ended up having to ask the waiter after some time for a heater and he said the one next to us didn't work and there were no others available. There were only maybe 6 other tables and most of those were seated next to firepits! The sun went down and the fog blew in further and it was just too cold so we asked again. Turns out the heater next to us did work but the waiter hadn't been sure how to light it! It was just lazy of him. The food was fine. Overpriced as all Hilton restaurants are. It was the breakfast staff that really blew our minds. Very inefficient. Our waiter would walk all the way out to the patio and only visit one table at a time so good luck getting any drink refills or asking for the check. The hostess grumbled aloud every morning and couldn't manage a good morning or a smile. All the staff would shoulder their way through the doors and make YOU hold the doors open for them. I had overheard a table grumbling about this our first morning and thought that surely they were exaggerating but no, it happened the next two mornings to me. Thankfully, the last morning we had Daniel as our waiter and he was excellent. What a waiter at a busy, upscale resort should be. The buffet food was fine but the pastries were fresh and exceptional. Not a large buffet like the Cabo resort.
We had a bayfront room and that was a highlight. Very spacious, really liked the decor, didn't like the mildew in the shower. Nice and quiet. There was a newborn next door and it cried alot but was very faint and didn't disturb us. The pool area was lovely but the pool itself was cool. My kids didnt mind. We liked the big checkers board. Poolside food was good (the chicken quesadilla was excellent) but again, expensive and service there was fast and friendly. Great location to see the Sea World fireworks every night. Nice to be able to jump on and off the highway but not hear the highway.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank familytravel4fun

Familytravel4fun,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Its comments like yours that help us improve. I’m happy that your overall experience outside of the dinning room was positive. I will share you comments with our Food and Beverage Director so that we can attend to your concerns. I’m excited to hear that you enjoyed the Pool and the giant checkers; I hope in the future you will be able to also enjoy the many complementary resort activities we offer.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Great: The front desk was exceptional and I want to make the point that William the front desk supervisor is friendly, and knows his stuff. His personal attention to my needs made may stay enjoyable and we will definitely be back.
Additionally, the bar, Acqua, pool and beach personnel are all worth mentioning.

Okay: my wife's experience at the spa was okay. She wants to be pampered at a spa and she was left on her own and forced to fend for her self at times

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Tonyg536

Tonyg536,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay. it is our goal to provide you with great overall service and I happy to see we did just that. However I’m also disappointed to find out that we didn’t do so well in the spa. I will discuss your wife’s experience with the director so when you return we will be properly ready to pamper you wife as she deserves.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton San Diego Resort for training with my work and I loved it! It is a beautiful property and the staff was wonderful!! The Conference Center is in the middle of the property so it was easily accessible from any room. Also, I am a runner so it was nice to have the Bay right outside my door so I could go for an evening run and enjoy the cool weather. The Front Desk staff and Bellmen staff were very helpful with directions and recommendations to dining and other activities. I am looking forward to visiting the property again in the future with my fiancé.

Ashley Doyle

Room Tip: If you can get a room that faces the bay then I would upgrade because it is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ashdoyle

Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive experience at the resort. I’m very excited to hear that we meet our own internal goal of giving you outstanding overall customer service. Its also exiting to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy the unique experience that only our resort has with the newly renovated (thanks to SeaWorld) board walk. We look forward to welcoming you bak in the future.