“I would highly recommend the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa for a family vacation because It the perfect hotel to go to for par”

Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
Ranked #101 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We went to the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa for the weekend with our family. There were 13 of us including 5 children from 18 months to 6 years. There was so much for all of us to do. The kids loved feeding the ducks and the fish. All of the Hotel staff were wonderful. The food and the service was A+. Kevin always welcomed us with a smile and had tables set up for our large group. He kept checking to make sure we were happy and the children had whatever they needed. Ignacio remembered what all of us ordered to drink the first morning for breakfast and brought it to us when we sat down for breakfast the second day. From the welcoming staff at the front desk, the staff who were very helpful in the pool area, the friendly ladies in the wonderful gift shop to the best food and wait staff, I would highly recommend any family go to the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa for their vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank GBELL222
hiltonmissionbay, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Wow. Thanks for the fantastic review. The Hilton SD team strives for excellence and I’m so glad that we were able to make your family vacation so special! We look forward to welcoming all of you back again soon!
Lisa Campbell, Director of Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,342)

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights while we were on vacation. There are five of us so we had to get a fold-out bed which made the room pretty small, since it wasn't that big to begin with. There was a musky smell to the room which we figured was due to the hotel being on the Bay. The beds were not comfortable unfortunately but the room was clean. Parking our car was sometimes difficult since there were not enough spaces near the rooms, but we were told to make a space. My husband gets free breakfast vouchers since he travels a lot, so we ate at the restaurant every day. The food and service was very good. Also, we were very pleased with the great location of the hotel. Most places we went to were only a short drive away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank avivaleah

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Its comments like yours that help us improve our services and standards. I’m happy that your overall experience was positive and you found our location to be convenient. However, I’m disappointed that you were not a 100% satisfied with the condition of your room. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team and we have had the carpets in all waterfront rooms cleaned to remove the musky smell from the Bay. Also, I’m not sure which room you stayed in, but we have larger rooms to accommodate families including our studio suites and one bedroom suites. If you are interested in booking again, please feel free to give me a call directly and I can assist you in finding spacious accommodations for you and your family!

Reviewed June 12, 2011

The clerk at the counter @ ck.in TC was very helpful as she put us in our room 2 hours early on Sat the 4th when we arrived in San Diego.But the room for a Hilton Resort was overrated as the AC didn't cool, the door had an opening at the bottom as the door seal was missing and you see day light coming in.also the room had a very strong odor.we asked for another room and it wasn't until Monday the 6th that we were moved down the hall in to a like room.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dallascowboys1960

Thank you for providing feedback so we can improve our overall guest experience. Please accept my sincerely apologizes for any disappointment you had during your stay. Our housekeeping staff has been notified and we recently deep cleaned all of the carpets in our waterfront rooms to remove the musky smell from the Bay. I have also discussed the door seal issue that you mentioned with our maintenance staff so we can make sure that all doors are secure as possible. We hope you will consider visiting us again. If you decide to do so, please feel free to reach out to me personally and I will do everything I can to accommodate your needs. My direct line is 619-275-8978. Thank you again for posting your comment!

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay last week it was our anniversary and Alyssa at the Front Desk was amazing. she accommodated our every request and to her a big thank you. she was both friendly and helpful, we will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: make staff aware of your special occasion
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank trcscott712

Thank you so much for the flattering comments. I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to make your anniversary special! I’ll be sure to thank Alyssa personally for making your trip so memorable. It is staff like Alyssa that makes our hotel a place that guests want to come back to. We look forward to seeing you again for those special occasions in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed at the tower bay view room. The balcony was barely a balcony and filthy with bird poop. The bathrooms are so small you could barely move and old. The remodel needs remodeled! I would not recommend this hotel, until they spend some money remodeling the hideous bathrooms. Not impressed with the customer service either. They do not offer free Wifi and their rates are awful. No special offers, just hideous bathrooms!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Please except my apologies for your disappointment. I will share your feedback with the appropriate managers and make sure that we put additional efforts into patio cleanliness moving forward. Also, we are renovating the entire internet system after the first of the year so we will be wireless throughout the property. If you do decide to give us a second chance, please feel free to reach out to me personally so that we can make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for the comments – they are truly appreciated.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I took my family to San Diego for the Memorial Holiday Weekend and we stayed at this wonderful resort. I have never stayed at resort that accommodated our needs as much as this place did. There are all kinds of activities to do, plus they are centrally located to all the parks and ocean.

I was very impressed how clean and updated the resort was. As soon as we stepped foot on the property I was greeted by a friendly staff and helpful service. I instantly new we had chosen the right place for our family vacation. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable about the area and answered all questions that I had. When we arrived at our room, we were able to park directly in front of our door which was a huge plus considering parking in San Diego is hard to find. Once we were in our room we not disappointed. The room was very clean, large and it had a huge sliding glass door. When that door was all the way open, it seemed as if the entire patio and outdoors were part of the room.

We had a garden view room which allowed us to watch our children play in a large grass area while my wife and I had a glass of wine on the patio. When the kids were bored with the lawn area we were only steps from the pool and the beach. With this hotel being on the bay it allowed my two boys to play in the sand and water yet not have the fear of them being tackled by large waves or the crowd of Mission Beach.

The pool and restaurants are top notch. The pool is large and has an awesome relaxing atmosphere...a real oasis (plus it has a kiddie pool for the little ones). The restaurant on site has spectacular views of the bay where my family and I were able to watch wind surfers from the patio and enjoy our meal.

Because the resort is on the boardwalk we had the opportunity to explore all of Mission Bay by way of walking or by bike. We actually rented a four seater bike (through the Hilton) and cruised the boardwalk for an hour. What a great way to cover lots of ground yet still be able to appreciate your surroundings.

Finally, what is a San Diego trip with the family without visiting the parks? This place is is practically on Sea World's grounds it's so close, it's around the corner from the San Diego Zoo, and a few miles from Old Town and Mission Beach. Perfect location!! But to be completely honest, my family and I would have been perfectly content staying at the resort all weekend and never attempting to battle the holiday crowds.

We will definitely stay here again and I will be recommending the Hilton Resort and Spa to anybody headed to San Diego.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank themitchells8
hiltonmissionbay, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Wow. Thanks for the fantastic review. The Hilton SD team strives for excellence and I’m so glad that we were able to make your family vacation so special! It really seems that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities the resort has to offer in addition to our great location! We look forward to welcoming all of you back again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

We enjoyed our experience at the Hilton as a family (kids 11 & 7). Pool is good, fun enormous checkers games, beach and yummy mojitos. Ate at the resort and food was good. Our room, however, looked nice as we walked in but after spending time there, noticed that the table was pretty beat up, the upholstered headboard had half the brass studs missing on one side, the closet was the old closet doors only with updated handles. It's a nice resort but I think lacking when you consider it is a 4-star with a $250/night plus $25 parking fee.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank CAvacationmom

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at our resort. We take our guest comments very seriously as we are always interested in improving the guest experience. I’m thrilled that you and your family were able to enjoy the pool, family-friendly amenities, beach and our food. Yet, I would like to extend my sincere apologizes for any disappointment you had during your stay. I have shared your observations with my maintenance team and we have conducted an inventory on all rooms that have headboards in need of new upholstery and brass studs and will be replacing these asap. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and please feel free to contact me directly at lcampbell@missionbayhilton.com with any additional suggestions or to discuss further.