Carole's Bed & Breakfast Inn
$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
$125
$89
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
$299
  • Beachfront
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$127
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$173
$169
  • Pool
All reviewsson michaelb brose roombalboa parkshared bathroomquiet neighborhoodbreakfast was deliciousliving roomcasitabnbhostsdrivewaysofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2009

This is the second time I have had the good fortune to stay with Carole and her son Mike.

Great home/great location and cozy ambiance are the 3 things that come to mind when staying at Caroles. Too bad it was too cold to swim in the pool.

I will be staying there again and again as will my guests when they visiit San Diego.

Thank you Carole.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Priced well for the value- after being in hotels I was little worried about losing my privacy but quickly found that the warm "Hello how was your day?" and "How are you today?" that was offered to me by Carole and her family was the exact extra touch I needed. It was the right balance of home and solitude. If you want to mix a bit with world travelers and locals this is a wonderful stay- yet you can get away to the pool and your room as needed. A great chance to get a personal touch while I found a place to live.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Carole's is a great B & B. We have stayed there almost every year for several years because of the warm but non-intrusive emotional atmosphere, the terrific location, the fantastic hot tub & pool, the pleasant rooms & lovely garden.

Carole & her family are terrific & helpful people. The breakfasts are wonderful--tasty & healthy & well prepared [unlike the overly rich, overly pretentious food too often served by B & B's which load on the cholesterol in an attempt to impress people]. Carole's B & B is clean & well-appointed. It is not a pretentious place that just tries to look fancy. Rather, they have kept their meaningful family photos & art objects, reflecting Carole's interesting family & life-- one feels welcomed by friends in a very happy home

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 13, 2008

We had a very nice stay! Innkeepers Carole and Mike make you feel right at home! Also Mike's breakfast are homemade and delicious! The location is great...we took the city buses to all our destinations! Be sure to curl up on one of their comfortable pool chairs and soak up some Calif. sun all year round! SanDiego is a great city to visit with alot of history! We enjoyed the Maritime Museum and Old Town. Restaurants on the shore have great fish tacos and crabcakes! Enjoy!!!

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I went to San Diego on a Saturday to watch the Blue Angels perform at MCAS Miramar. What a fantastic show it was. So fantastic that I decided to stay and see the Sunday show. There are plenty of nice hotels right by MCAS Miramar but I wanted to treat myself to something more. I decided to try a bed & breakfast. There are several in San Diego to choose from and I chose Caroles Bed & Breakfast because of the turn of the century (20th century) victorian style house, located in an older part of the city called North Park. What a great choice it was. I was greated at the door by Carole herself. Such a charming woman. When I entered her home I was greated by other guests who were enjoying each others company while listening to some soothing music. After chatting with the other guests for about 20 minutes Carole gave me a tour of her house. I was amazed. I felt like I was living in the early 1900's and in the back yard was a large, modern swimming pool with a seperate hot tub. Both surrounded by wooden decking. For dinner I walked a block and a half and found several small places to eat. Such a variety of foods. I chose a place that had steak and seafood which happens to be my favorite.....and it still is!! My room was very comfortable and I had a very peacefull evening. Sunday morning I was greeted in the dining room by Carole and her son Michael. Michael is the cook and I must say the breakfast he made me was much better than at any Denny's and, Michael just happens to be a tea drinker but he makes the best coffee I've ever had. Never again will I stay in a hotel or motel when visiting San Diego. Carole and Michael.......I will be seeing you again!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)