“Relocating- great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
CA
“Relocating- great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

Priced well for the value- after being in hotels I was little worried about losing my privacy but quickly found that the warm "Hello how was your day?" and "How are you today?" that was offered to me by Carole and her family was the exact extra touch I needed. It was the right balance of home and solitude. If you want to mix a bit with world travelers and locals this is a wonderful stay- yet you can get away to the pool and your room as needed. A great chance to get a personal touch while I found a place to live.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

Carole's is a great B & B. We have stayed there almost every year for several years because of the warm but non-intrusive emotional atmosphere, the terrific location, the fantastic hot tub & pool, the pleasant rooms & lovely garden.

Carole & her family are terrific & helpful people. The breakfasts are wonderful--tasty & healthy & well prepared [unlike the overly rich, overly pretentious food too often served by B & B's which load on the cholesterol in an attempt to impress people]. Carole's B & B is clean & well-appointed. It is not a pretentious place that just tries to look fancy. Rather, they have kept their meaningful family photos & art objects, reflecting Carole's interesting family & life-- one feels welcomed by friends in a very happy home

• Liked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
DoorCo.Wi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

We had a very nice stay! Innkeepers Carole and Mike make you feel right at home! Also Mike's breakfast are homemade and delicious! The location is great...we took the city buses to all our destinations! Be sure to curl up on one of their comfortable pool chairs and soak up some Calif. sun all year round! SanDiego is a great city to visit with alot of history! We enjoyed the Maritime Museum and Old Town. Restaurants on the shore have great fish tacos and crabcakes! Enjoy!!!

Stayed November 2008
Hemet, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

I went to San Diego on a Saturday to watch the Blue Angels perform at MCAS Miramar. What a fantastic show it was. So fantastic that I decided to stay and see the Sunday show. There are plenty of nice hotels right by MCAS Miramar but I wanted to treat myself to something more. I decided to try a bed & breakfast. There are several in San Diego to choose from and I chose Caroles Bed & Breakfast because of the turn of the century (20th century) victorian style house, located in an older part of the city called North Park. What a great choice it was. I was greated at the door by Carole herself. Such a charming woman. When I entered her home I was greated by other guests who were enjoying each others company while listening to some soothing music. After chatting with the other guests for about 20 minutes Carole gave me a tour of her house. I was amazed. I felt like I was living in the early 1900's and in the back yard was a large, modern swimming pool with a seperate hot tub. Both surrounded by wooden decking. For dinner I walked a block and a half and found several small places to eat. Such a variety of foods. I chose a place that had steak and seafood which happens to be my favorite.....and it still is!! My room was very comfortable and I had a very peacefull evening. Sunday morning I was greeted in the dining room by Carole and her son Michael. Michael is the cook and I must say the breakfast he made me was much better than at any Denny's and, Michael just happens to be a tea drinker but he makes the best coffee I've ever had. Never again will I stay in a hotel or motel when visiting San Diego. Carole and Michael.......I will be seeing you again!!

• Liked — The friendleyness of the hosts and the other guests
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything I didn't like
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

This is a great Bed and Breakfast and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice stay in San Diego. It's within minutes of everything you would want to do - the beach, balboa park, the lamp light district and great restaurants.

Carole and Michael are greats hosts and very much welcome you into their home.

We were there for three days and had a great time at breakfast talking with other guests.

The breakfasts very relaxing and a great way to start our day.

We would stay there again.

R Hertzberg - Los Angeles

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

My wife and I searched online for a B&B to stay at while visiting San Diego. Although we honestly didn't expect the world, we were extremely pleased with the hospitality from the start. Carole will go out of her way to make you feel like you are a family member and her son, Michael, is well traveled and extremely knowledgable, not to mention a great cook.

The house sits in a very nice suburban area with easy access to the main area of "North Park", which has a number of quaint and high quality restaurants, as well as a number of shops. We decided to walk to the area on one occasion. Of the two restaurants we went to, we would go back to either in a heartbeat. And of course, Carole and her sons are very eager to recommend anything from restaurants to directions to nearly any place in San Diego.

The house is from the early 1900s I believe and it has a charm to it that many B&Bs lack. The wood floors are original and well preserved. We stayed in the room closest to the kitchen and dining room and had a lovely patio outside that allowed access to and had a view of the pool. The bed was quite comfortable and with high speed internet access we could do what we needed to easily enough, not that much of our time was spent in that manner.

Overall I felt we got a lot of value for our money, from the appearance of Carole 's from the outside and inside, the warmth of our hosts and hostess, the scrumptious yet healthy breakfasts to our cozy room. We wouldn't hesitate to come back to Carole's on our next visit. It's a first-rate B&B in a first-rate city. Thank you!

• Liked — The friendliness of Carole and her sons
  • Disliked — Not sure if there was something we didn't like!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stayed at this bed & breakfast for one night. I did not make the arrangements, and usually do when I travel. I am very sorry I did not read the reviews....had I read them, I would have made other arrangements. I suggest before you make your reservations, read the reviews.

Stayed July 2008