“Awesome Fajitas and Excellent Service by Paula”
Review of Amigo Spot

Amigo Spot
Ranked #292 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Description: Just one mile east of San Diego's Old Town, The Amigo Spot proudly offers the finest in regional Baja Mexican Cuisine. Enjoy traditional fare from Delicious Tacos and Enchiladas to Sizzling Fajita Platters to Marinated Carne Asada and a variety of Seafood offerings. Our Amigo Spot Cantina style restaurant also features a full bar with fantastic Margaritas and a Premium Tequila Menu with over 25 selections. The Amigo Spot San Diego offers Happy Hour, Monday through Friday from 3pm - 6pm with a Complimentary Appetizers station. On weekends, full bar service begins at 11am Saturday and Sunday and enjoy Live Music Thursday through Saturday in the evenings. The Amigo Spot is located in Hotel Circle at Kings Inn and offers Free Parking and Free WiFi. Large Groups are welcome and Catering To Go is available.
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Fajitas and Excellent Service by Paula”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Paula provided superior service at dinner by constantly making sure we had everything we needed for a perfect evening while we celebrated my 61st birthday. She made sure we had enough chips and salsa and our drinks were never allowed to get low.. I will definitely return to your place thanks to her great service and because the chicken, beef and shrimp fajitas were fantastic and prepared to our satisfaction. When she found out we were celebrating my birthday she reminded me to save room for dessert. I hope the is there the next time I visit The Amigo Spot real soon.

• Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
Anchorage, Alaska
“Surprisingly good.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We didn't expect much from an hotel restaurant and the dated decor didn't exactly inspire confidence. The bar was a bit noisy too. But the food was excellent. The fajitas smelled so good we had to have some. Our flan was excellent, very creamy, and served attractively in a tea cup.

Visited March 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had dinner here our first night .... great food, wonderful service and relaxing...the bus boy / host Jorge was so pleasant and nice...we stopped in for a drink later in the evening and found a very welcoming group. Highly recommend you try it out!

Visited March 2013
Sebastopol, California
“Did not meet high expecations”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was staying in the area with some friends and we decided we did not want to get into a car. This restaurant was the highest ranked in the area, so we decided to give it a try. The food was OK, nothing special. The guacamole was too salty for my taste, but clearly was made with fresh ingredients. I had the combo main dish, either of the items was special, the tamala was not light and the meat was hard. It was nice to have live music in the background. Disappointing overall since I had high expectations, however nothing was bad.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Michel D
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, great prices and atmosphere!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I loved everything about the Amigo Spot! From the authentic mexican decor to the authentic mexican food on the menu, this restaurant was great! The food was very tasty and very reasonably priced. There is a happy hour from 4 pm to 7 pm when you can get popcorn or chips and salsa, and settle down with your favorite drink at the bar while watching the latest news and sports. The chef usually offers daily dinner specials,
and for those dining with others who don't feel like having mexican food, there are also some American dishes on the menu as well. On Friday, there is a mariachi band and on Saturday, there is a great jazz band which I had the pleasure of hearing while I dined. Also, new on Tuesdays, is an excellent jazz guitarist who holds an open mic. I dined on Tuesday as well and heard some great talent. I had the enchilada plate and the sauce was very good. I believe the sauces are made at the restaurant by the chef. On another night, I had the chicken taco plate. For dessert, I do recommend the flan, but there are other wonderful desserts that the waiter mentioned that I did not try. The restaurant is great for families as well as couples wanting a quiet evening out, or even a group wanting to bring a large dinner party. The restaurant is large and can hold several people. I will be coming back the next time I come back to San Diego!

Visited December 2012