“Gotta LOVE Mission Bay!”
Review of Mission Bay Park

$349.00*
Guided Jet Ski Tour in San Diego
$118.50*
and up
Private Tour: Southern California Coastal Sights Helicopter Flight from San...
Ranked #26 of 442 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A 4,600-acre aquatic park dedicated to leisure and active sports.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Mission Bay has stuff and activities for everyone!! Take a walk... ride a bike or skateboard.. play volleyball.. ride jetskiis.. sit and read or just soak in the sun (and look at the beautiful people)! While there's that beach vibe edge, this is totally a kid-friendly place as well. See no evidence of drugs or anything negative!..

5  Thank WMD44
There are newer reviews for Mission Bay Park

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rented a 25 ft sailboat for the afternoon. Service was abysmal. Boat was filthy, as was the facility. For life jackets, they pointed us to an area where they lay scattered on the ground. As we left the dock, we realized the main sail was jammed about 3 feet from the top of the mast and we were unable to raise it. We returned to the dock to have the staff yell at us for "letting down the main." It took two of them from the dock to raise it properly, Underway we discovered the bolt holding the boom to the mast was lacking the nut used to secure it. When we returned to the dock, no staff to meet the boat. Not too surprising to learn later that the owner and staff were under investigation for running a meth ring from this facility. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

1  Thank Helen Z
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We'd gone to the zoo earlier in the day, and it was hot and bizarrely humid that day. Sweated through my shirt, and was just feeling kind of miserable. Went down to Mission Bay, and went for a swim. It was very refreshing, got some of the slime off me, and relaxed for a bit. I love that there is access to a lot of the areas in Mission Bay where you don't have to pay for parking or access. Water is also quite calm, which is good for kids and folks without the strength or swimming ability to deal with stronger surf.

1  Thank TravelHardHaveFun
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice parklands, free parking, the beaches themselves I found to be average. The water is a little murky and my 8yo son didn't really like it. The parklands on the east side of the park are right next to the I-5 so there's lost of traffic nearby which doesn't really make for the most relaxing park environment.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well Mission Bay Park is the place that my family and I always go to and whenever I go there it's not that crowded and it's just so beautiful for photography and we always have fun there. There is also Paradise Point where you can take a walk at, which is beyond beautiful. But on the 4th of July, wow it was just so horrible. First of all I don't mind that it's very crowded, but I saw so many drunk people, people getting drunk, smoking, and having small fist fights, especially at night(by the way they had young children with them) and I think that there should really be more securities and those people that come around with trash bags because everyone needed them, it was filled with trash at the end of the day. Also the bathrooms were just so disgusting and dirty and they ran out of toilet paper most of the time, I just hated going to the bathrooms. At the end of the day we still all had so much fun and with the fireworks, it made it even more beautiful. But I think overall, I would recommend this place because it's probably only like this if you go on July 3rd and 4th, but mostly 4th.

1  Thank Traveler60045