“Couldn't ask for a better location in San Diego”

The Inn at Sunset Cliffs
Ranked #138 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, CA
“Couldn't ask for a better location in San Diego”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

This hotel is right on the cliffs in Ocean Beach. I used to live down the street and always used to run by this little hotel. Now that I live out of town I finally got the opportunity to stay here.

It was great! Nice location on Pacific Ocean, nice rooms (we had a two bedroom suite), not to mention I was able to enjoy the sunset with friends and beer (alcohol now illegal at San Diego beaches).

I opened the window and fell asleep and woke up to the ocean waves crashing on the cliffs. (Very relaxing).

I would stay here again and would recommend to my out of town friends and family.

If the price was a little cheaper I would stay here every time I visit friends in OB. I guess you can't have it all!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank tmacinsd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed here for two nights and loved it! The location is great - so quiet and close to Sea World, which was the reason for our visit to San Diego.

I originally requested a two bedroom unit with no kitchen and upon arrival we were upgraded to a two bedroom with a kitchen. It was very appreciated! Our room was clean, spacious. There were laminate floors throughout, the beds were comfortable. The kitchen was well stocked and had a small table with a few stools around it. Perfect for the kids! I wasn't a fan of only having one bathroom as we have young children, but we managed!

I asked about internet and was told it's free if you can pick up their signal. Fortunately we could and had no problems, so that was a nice amenity as many hotels are starting to charge for their internet.

The only problem I saw with the room was the baseboards and walls looked like they could use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or a fresh coat of paint. It wouldn't stop me from returning, though! Yet.

The cliffs and sunsets we saw were breathtaking! I'd highly recommend staying here! When booking I checked their online booking engine to see about availability and it said they were full. Just to be sure I called the hotel directly and they had space available, so if it says there's no room at the inn, give the office a call to check!

• Liked — Location, kitchen
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank rebekahj0
Scotland
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My boyfriend and I drove from LA to San Diego and decided to stay one night at Sunset Cliffs to experience the more beachy side of San Diego before staying in the city for the new year.

While driving into San Diego there was fog on the coast which had just happened that day. Due to this we were unable to experience the beautiful sunset at the cliffs as we couldn't even see the cliffs. However the hotel was great and very clean. We walked a short distance up the road and there was a drug store, resturants, liquor store so we were all set. There is also a gas station and great cafe just next door to the hotel so we had all we needed.

It is a great location just on the edge of the town with what I expect to be amazing views.

• Stayed December 2008
2 Thank Dynartw
philadelphia suburbs
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My husband found this hotel on Trip advisor, and we booked through orbitz. I have to say the Inn at Sunset Cliffs is amazing. The views alone make the whole trip worth it. It was our first time visiting California and I have to say we were impressed!
We booked the King Suite and as I said above the views are amazing! You can here the waves crashing against the cliffs and that totally puts you in a relaxed state of mind.
The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The bathroom is beautiful! Granite and glass with a double shower head which make you feel like you are at a spa!
The staff at Sunset Cliffs are very nice and professional.
This was a perfect trip from start to finish, I definitely plan on coming back next year!!!

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — nothing to complain about
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank neenabird
LA
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I absolutely loved The Inn at Sunset Cliffs. I went there on a mini vacation for myself and this hotel was everything that I could have hoped for. I stayed in a poolside queen which was much bigger than the pictures made it seem. It was clean, had an extremely comfortable bed, a fridge, and the best part . . . a shower with 2 shower heads. That was just the room. When I walked outside, I saw the best view of the ocean. It was so beautiful and peaceful. The staff was also very friendly and accomodating.
I will definitely be coming back. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank beachyLa
Mesa
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We spent 4 nights at the Inn and absolutely loved every minute of it! We had a 2 bedroom w/kitchenette which was very clean and well furnished. The suite was like staying in your own apartement - very comfortable. The staff there was excellent and the housekeeping department went out of their way to meet all of your needs. And they all did it with a smile on their faces! But what a beautiful place to work! The flowers were all in bloom and one staff member spent the day caring just for the landscaping. We had a fire one night on the lower patio, watched the sunset every night, enjoyed the pool, the putting green and just the relaxing feeling there. We will DEFINITELY go back! And soon.....

• Liked — Having a complete apartment w/kitchen
  • Disliked — No complaints at all
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank MarianBMesa
Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We spent a week at the Inn and had a wonderful time. Our room (Kitchenette Suite) was very clean and spacious. We were traveling with our baby and couldn't have picked a better place- this hotel has a very nice family environment. Perfect location to get a beautiful view of the cliffs. Can't tell you about the continental breakfast offered at the hotel......we literally had breakfast every morning at the Point Loma Beach Cafe- awesome food (it's to the left of the hotel). You have to try their Breakfast Burrito- so delicious! My husband loved their smoothies and wraps (he's a health nut). We sometimes ate their twice a day.
We had a wonderful experience at the Inn. Felt really safe. Loved looking at the beautiful rose gardens.

• Liked — Clean, friendly environment.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family