“Wonderful experience!”

The Inn at Sunset Cliffs
Ranked #138 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ahhh...just what we needed -- a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing vacation overlooking the Pacific Ocean. If you are looking for a breathtaking and endless view, peaceful atmosphere, gorgeous gardens and comfortable rooms, then this is where you want to be. My husband has been coming here since he was a little boy and is still captivated by the place, and now I am equally enamored. There is nothing finer then waking to a cool morning and walking the cliffs, getting opportunities to see dolphin, watching the sunset and falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean - only to have these special moments repeated the next day. We didn't want to leave and spent each evening bringing dinner in so we could dine on the oceanfront patio. The staff gave us great tips to get food from Ortega's (Mexican) and Pepe's (Italian) - and both were excellent! We met a lot of friendly folks at the Inn who were equally enjoying their time. I can't wait until we get to return again - I hope it is soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Sunset Cliffs

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was raised up the hill from "The Inn" and must have walked by it a 100 times on my way to the beach. I was recently at a funeral for a friend and the staff was so comforting. They took care of the taxi service where i needed to go; and also suggessted a nice dining area within walking distance. Such a peaceful and relaxing place to stay. KUDOS to the STAFF!!!!!

Room Tip: Listening to the waves as you go to sleep is the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Sunset Cliffs during memorial weekend. The trip was absolutely amazing. The view from my room was goregous. They even had an area with chairs, rocking chairs, and tables that overlook the pier... with a view you would fall in love with.

I had spoken with a young gentleman at the front who gave me a few great restaurants to try out.. there was a little wine and dine restaurant that was absolutely gorgeous.

Also, the young gentleman told us that the owner comes and is the one to check on his garden of flowers... Which is so beautiful!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice now.. There is a corner room with a great room! They also have a few rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this inn in May for a week. I was in town on vacation and to get married. It was an amazing stay and the all of the workers are very nice. The views are amazing from the deck. I also like how quiet it is and the relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a quiet getaway. The location is also perfect and driving distances to local attractions never takes too long. I look forward to staying at this inn again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Unbelievable view especially for the price... I have been to San Diego the past five years and this definitely is a hidden gem overlooking the ocean. Laid back staff but helpful when needed and the rooms were clean with an ocean theme inside them. I will be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Nicolekramer
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff here really made my stay top notch. I told them i was planning an important evening and they went above and beyond to help me out, and they did so without me asking. We loved the room and it was a very memorable night. The Hotel has beautiful ocean views, and is a hidden hotel gem in San Diego.

Room Tip: Garvey suite is incredible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sd g
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were recently married at the Inn at Sunset Cliffs and it was more than we could have ever hoped for! We were looking for a unique setting near the ocean to get married and it doesn't get more unique than this. I think almost every room has a view of the ocean and you cannot imagine how relaxing it is to hear the ocean when you go to bed at night and when you first wake in the morning. Most of our guests were traveling from all over the country so renting out all the rooms at the Inn worked out perfectly. Some people even threw little parties in their rooms! Every one of our guests remarked what a great experience it was and how much fun they had at our wedding. Gavin and his staff at the hotel were constantly supportive of everything we needed for our big day and I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work. If you are looking for an amazing place to get married and follow it up with an amazing party, then look no further. I can’t recommend the Inn at Sunset Cliffs enough!

Room Tip: Every room has its pros and cons. The rooms towards the west have better ocean views/sounds for mor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple