“Affordable beachfront hotel”

The Inn at Sunset Cliffs
Ranked #138 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great place to stay if you like the beach. The rooms are like small apartments with tiny living room and efficiency kitchen. Parking is easy. The only potential downside is that the bars are a little far to walk. This could also be a good thing since you are away from all the noise.

Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank sailor1502
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Sunset Cliffs

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is the ONLY place to stay when in San Diego. The manager Gavin and his friendly staff were superb. You feel like you are staying in a private villa right on the ocean. The beautifully maintained flowers, and grounds make you feel like you are in Paradise. This is truly a peaceful, tranquil incredibly beautiful hotel. Trust me, you do not want to stay anyplace else in San Diego. You will come back time and time again, as I do. If I could give this property 10 stars I would. You cannot go wrong!!!

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is superb. The view itself is worth everything.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eileen H
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is beautiful small hotel overlooking the ocean near Ocean Beach. The view of the ocean is amazing and we always tried to get back in time to watch the sunset. There are plenty of chairs and tables spread out around the two patios to soak up some sun, relax and enjoy the beautiful views. They also have a nice little heated pool to swim in. The landscaping around the hotel is filled with beautiful flowers. We stayed in nicely decorated and clean two bedroom unit with a living room that had plenty of room for a family of four. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. There is no direct beach access from the hotel but if you want to go to the beach there is a sandy cove that can be accessed from a stairway after a short 1 block walk.

This is our second time that we have stayed here and we would definitely stay here again on our next trip to SD.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank psc68
Reviewed July 5, 2012

A piece of paradise overlooking the ocean! Beautifully landscaped this smaller complex was the perfect choice for a night at Ocean Beach. Our two bedroom unit with small living room was nicely sized. There is a small frig & microwave. The view was so spectacular that the room was used only for sleeping. There is no beach access directly on this property but just an easy walk away.

The terraces are comfortable and private like. We bought firewood from across the street and fixed s'mores on the terrace. We had two 8 yr old girls who enjoyed the pool and the board games they had available. The staff was so kind and helpful. They appear very proud of this property and rightfully so.

Will admit that the walls seemed rather thin. Our neighbors were -how should I put this - quite active for hours. We are now experts on what she likes...

Would highly recommend. We all thought it would be a great location for a small wedding. The pictures would be gorgeous!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I booked 4 nights at this wonderful hotel for her 50th birthday. When we first arrived we had a small queen room. We inquired and the staff changed us to a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen, living room and a bedroom and a complimentary bottle of wine. What a great room just off the ocean. I would highly recommend any of their suites,it is like a apartment on the ocean. The surf lulls you to sleep and the salt air was wonderful for my wife's congested lungs. The staff was very helpful with suggestions on places to shop and eat. Since our plan was to return home on Friday and no work until Monday we inquired if the room was available for Friday night and found out it was so we booked Friday and Saturday extra days and received a complimentary bottle of wine again. I would highly recommend this Inn for a relaxing stay with incredible views and the sunsets are unbelievable..

Room Tip: The poolside queen room is a bit small, would recommend upgrading to a suite, well worth the extra m...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bill A
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am so in love with this hotel. It's charming, down to earth, beautiful flowers every where, and an amazing view of the ocean. I felt like i was in a different country. The front desk guy was very friendly. They offered us a complimentary bottle of wine. Everything was clean and had all the amenities I needed down to make up wipes/removers for the ladies. If i could do my vacation over, i would plan on staying in the hotel, relaxing, instead of touring the city. I love that they had comfy lounge chairs everywhere and a fire pit to encourage guests to gather outside and enjoy the ocean. I love that when i opened my bedroom window, i could hear the sound of the ocean waves. Falling asleep to that was amazing. I love that parking and wifi were free. I love the leather couch in the living room of the 2 bedroom suite i stayed in. I love the decor of the place in general. I would definitely come back to this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LVtoOC
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family stayed here for 1 night to end our 8 days in San Diego. The staff member that checked us in was rude and not helpful at all. Our A/C unit went out and we were offered a small fan.

The view is great and the ocean sounds are like a lullaby.

The staff member that came the following day was friendly and helpful and almost made up for his rude co-worker. I don't think we would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms at this hotel. All the rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family