“San Diego's Very Finest”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley
Ranked #70 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Clarita, California
“San Diego's Very Finest”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I took my cousin and his wife (from Noo Joysey) to the Double Tree Mission Valley in October and were extremely pleased with our 3 day visit. The rooms were very clean, the beds very comfortable, the grounds very well kept and (very important), the staff very helpful and friendly. Have I said very enough...but yes. We have stayed in San Diego many times in the past at different Hotels, but that search is over. Our next visit will be to the Doubletree due to the assurance of an excellent stay. A side note; the local train transit station is right across the street. It's convenient, quiet and will take you almost anywhere you'd like to go in SD.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Katie E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your amazing 5 star review and for choosing to bring your family for a visit on your recent trip to San Diego. I am delighted to learn how much you all enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the cleanliness of the property as well as the courteous and accommodating service you received from the team. I am ecstatic to hear that we are now your ‘go-to’ hotel when visiting San Diego and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Redondo Beach, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rooms were very nice, service great. Location is excellent with numerous restuarants, movies, malls close by. Stayed for work related convention and the amenities were great. Returning in near future and would consider vacation at same location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our future guests. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were thoroughly impressed with many aspects of including your spacious guest room, the friendly and efficient service you received, and all the amenities we offer our guests. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for business or pleasure in the near future.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The front staff at the hotel was friendly but when I got into the room it had no bathroom towels, no soap, and there was no TV remote. This is all minor stuff but when I saw hair in the bed sheets that about did it for me. The sheets were obviously not clean so I ended up sleeping on top of the comforter. Also, in elevator number one or two I was on floor number eight and in one of the elevators the number eight button was pushed back inside of the room floor panel so I couldn't even push number eight to get to my room. I honestly would not chance this hotel for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scott D
Katie E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Diego. I am pleased to hear that your check-in experience was enjoyable and that you found the team friendly and efficient. I am sincerely sorry to hear about some of the issues that you experienced during your stay and that you were frustrated that you felt your guest room was not properly cleaned and that you were missing some items in your room. I want to assure you that our housekeeping team does their best to ensure that each and every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and stocked, and I am very sorry that yours was not up to standards. For future reference, if you ever have any issues while visiting, please let us know and we would be more than happy to make the necessary adjustments to make sure that you are satisfied and comfortable. I will be sure to relay your feedback to our Director of Housekeeping so that this issue can be addressed with the team. Thank you for your feedback.
WGC - Hertfordshire
Reviewed November 17, 2013

One night stay on business trip which was a shame because this is looked to be a very nice hotel. Check in was simple with a helpful and smiling receptionist – always good after a long working day. The room was roomy, clean and well laid out. The WiFi worked well and was free. Each room also has a balcony. If you plan to stay here for a few days, ask for a room near the top for the best views.
Downstairs there is a sizable bar area which also sells food, but we ate out. I also can no comment on breakfast because of a very early departure.

Room Tip: Book a room on the higher floors for the best view from your balcony.
North Carolina
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We've stayed here several times so far in 2013 and we're planning another stay soon. We stay here for business because it's close to where we have to be and overall, it's a fairly nice hotel. I just wish the amenities were better - namely that wifi, parking and breakfast was included. Having to pay for these in a mid-price hotel is annoying. The rooms are comfortable, even the ones facing the highway, there's little noise and comfortable beds. Also we've always had a fridge and microwave in our room which is such a convenience to have.

The nicest thing about it is the location to the train and to many restaurants within walking distance. There's a movie theatre nearby - I actually spent one free afternoon watching a movie there - and massage and a gym are also nearby. The location almost makes up for having to pay for certain amenities that really should be included in the room rate.

I'll stay here again mainly because I don't like the other hotel options in the area but this wouldn't be my first choice if it weren't for business travel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us numerous times over the past year and that each time you visit you are satisfied with the hotel and the service you receive. I am also glad to know that you truly appreciated our central location close to a variety of shops, restaurants, and tourist destinations. I apologize that there were a few aspects of your stay that you were displeased with, but for future reference, we do have complimentary wifi in our common areas and you are more than welcome to take advantage of the free street parking directly in front of the hotel if that would better suit your needs. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
San Diego, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The food was bad, the hotel was outdated, and they nickel and dime you for basic things like wi-fi, but you get a free cookie. I started out with he wi-fi it cost extra because it isn't included in the price tag. The carpet looked like it had been there since the 80's. The designer should be fired. Lastly, the continental breakfast was terrible. The eggs taste fake and the food had been sitting out for hours.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Samira M, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest services. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your time with us. We have sent you a private message so we may get in contact with you.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was here for business training. The location is very convinient, close to trolley station and a few resterants right next to it. I was able to use my home AT&T internet account for WIFI so I did not have to pay for it. I highly recomment this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and your wonderful recommendation to our future guests. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our convenient location close to all the city has to offer including great shopping, dining, and nightlife. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.