“great hotel great location!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley
Ranked #74 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
san diego, United States
“great hotel great location!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

this was a great hotel for the price you pay! it definitely exceeded our expectations in many ways! they upgraded us to a suite since it was our anniversary and the suite was awesome! well decorated and overall beautiful. the hotel is conveniently located about 10mins from downtown san diego. highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Katie E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us for such a special occasion. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were truly impressed with the property. I am pleased to know that you appreciated our convenient location, close to all the best San Diego has to offer, and that you would definitely recommend coming for a visit. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Great location, train right across the street, Starbucks within walking distance also just over the highway is Fashion Valley Mall. Within walking distance is a Trader Joe's, a Corner Bakery and a Mimi's. Additionally there is a CorePower yoga studio nearby. The room was nice, remodeled and spacious, the bathroom was a bit small and it had a sliding door so not a lot of privacy. Upon entering the room, I saw there were only two towels and I immediately called housekeeping (sorry but I need one for my hair and one for my body). They brought it up pretty quickly, our only dislike for this place was the lack of water pressure but I made that work by using leave in conditioner. Oh we paid a bit extra for a balcony and it was really not worth it. The balcony was very small and having the door open was not worthwhile since we faced one of the highways and it was a bit loud 11 stories up. Overall a nice place, parking was $18 a night which was relatively inexpensive for San Diego and you are in a covered garge. We will defintely be returning and utilizing the train the next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a wkend trip. Staff is exceptionally helpful, friendly and professional. Hotel has big outdoor pool with lots of pool towels. There is an indoor pool with showers and lockers. 2q rm was spacious and clean. Staying here again!!!

Stayed October 2013
Katie E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful weekend getaway. I am delighted to learn how courteous and accommodating the team was during your stay and that you loved all the amenities we have to offer our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Diego.
Torrance, California
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here overnight with our 2-year-old twin boys. The room was spacious and clean and had an upscale feel. The beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was delicious! Everyone from the front desk staff to the waitress at breakfast treated us with kindness, respect, and hospitality. We stayed for free using Hilton Honors points and were treated the same as if we had paid for the stay. My only criticism is that the parking was quite expensive ($18 per night), but that's to be expected in a big city. Thank you, DoubleTree, for an excellent stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Katie E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review and for choosing to bring your family for a visit. I am happy to hear that you were impressed with our spacious and comfortable guest rooms and that you loved our delicious breakfast buffet. I am delighted to learn that you received friendly and efficient service from our entire team, helping make your stay that much more memorable. For future reference, there is first come, first serve free street parking directly in front of the hotel if you would prefer. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family for a future stay.
California
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff was very helpful, rooms great and clean and when I mentioned a light was out and an outlet didn't work, they had someone fixing the issues within an hour. An indoor and an outdoor pool, but they seem to lease the indoor pool to others for physical therapy and/or yoga classes, so it was often occupied. No shuttle to/from the airport unless reserved in advance and it is still $20. The location is good, near several restaurants and at a trolley stop, so its very convenient to shopping, Old Town, downtown, Mexico, etc. They should have a few more choices for breakfast, there is either a full buffet/restaurant, or a coffee cafe with bran muffins and sugary cinnamon rolls. A happy medium would be nice. Good place to stay if you don't have a car. If you do, there is a parking garage for an outrageous $18 per day. Be sure to budget this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to San Diego. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the wonderful and efficient service you received from our team throughout your visit. I am delighted to know that you were happy with all the amenities we offer our guests and that you were impressed with our convenient and central location, close to all the best the city has to offer. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the breakfast options and I will be sure to relay your helpful insight to our management team. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Everyone at this hotel, from the valet to the front desk to the restaurant staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable and to make your stay enjoyable. The location is great and near several movie theaters, malls and restaurants. The trolley which takes you right to the downtown area stops right across the street as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Katie E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your 5 star review. I am ecstatic to hear that the entire team, from arrival to departure, was friendly and accommodating, making you feel right at home. I am pleased to learn that you appreciated our convenient location close to all the best San Diego has to offer as well as the trolley line which provides easy and affordable transportation throughout the city. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
claremont, ca, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I always enjoy staying at the Double tree in San Diego. The staff is so nice and accommodating. The only bad thing was the buffet for morning breakfast. It was 17.00 for buffet. I just wanted oatmeal. The server told me to go ahead and serve myself the oatmeal only from the buffet so I did. $11 is what I was charged for getting my own oatmeal. Not even a slice of toast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us and our future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found all the team members friendly and accommodating. I am sincerely sorry that the breakfast buffet was not what you were hoping for and the prices were a bit more than you would have preferred. I will relay your feedback to our Director of Food & Beverage for review and consideration. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.