“Organic & Delicious!”

Burger Lounge
Ranked #647 of 4,852 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Burger Lounge ethos is to create a great tasting burger you feel good about eating - "to do a common thing uncommonly well." It starts with 100% fresh single source American grass-fed beef. We believe that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. We provide a simple menu that appeals to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and those simply "hankering for a great hamburger." Burger Lounge is a gimmick free fast casual respite where guests can enjoy real food made from whole food ingredients in a modern and comfortable setting.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

On a recent trip to San Diego, 3 of us were looking for an organic restauant online and Burger Lounge popped up. I ordered the Smokey Boar Burger and a Bundaberg Ginger Beer. One companion ordered a traditional beef burger, and the 3rd person ordered a turkey burger. All of us raved about our food and liked everything so much that on our 3rd and final day in San Diego, we chose to eat there again! The food was hot, cooked the way we ordered it (I asked for the wild boar burger to be rare but was told it had to be cooked to med. rare and that turned out to be just fine), the wait person was friendly and efficient and unless you are looking for a quiet, romantic retreat I couldn't give this a higher rating!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

BL was great. Burgers were excellent quality. Fries and rings combo made choosing a side easy. Would have come back but ran out of time. Well worth the stop.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to the Burger Lounge in the Gaslight area for a quick lunch. My husband had the classic grass-fed burger and said it was the best burger he's eaten in a long time. The meat was tender, juicy and delicious, and the soft bun supported it perfectly! I had the quinoa salad which was fresh, crunchy and choc-a-block full of tasty bits of carrots, roasted corn, nuts, onions and other goodies. They also have a range of house-made sodas.

The staff are attentive, friendly and happy to bring that extra root beer, home-made ketchup and other delicious condiments for you to try. The decor is interesting and innovative.

This is a great spot for high-quality burgers and salads in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Wife and I stumbled upon this place strolling through Coronado, and it was by far the best food we had on our trip. The burgers tasted great and were cooked to perfection with this great thousand island sauce. The fries were crispy and well seasoned. The IPA I had was refreshing. It was a small place, but we were able to sneak a spot to sit.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Family dropped by for quick bite. The kids burgers were very small, not enough for my 10 yr old. My Lounge burger was great and my wife's veggie burger was amazing. Sodas were interesting and tasty. Very little seating so really like a burger hut not lounge. The staff was beyond nice - attentive and personal in what could have been a very impersonal place.