“Hit the Spot”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market and Island
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Got a recommendation from the Concierge at Hilton. Mixture of tourists and business people (probably from the Convention Center).

Amusing melting pot of conversation topics: How lovely my daughters dress from Hollister is and our plans for the beach tomorrow versus the latest features of a new application.

Tabule is a gorgeous restaurant. There is no deliberate theme here, however it just works. The menu is a diverse offering spanning the best from multiple countries.

The Ceviche was a highlight (Sashimi style salmon with a sesame and citrus dressing) Absolutely Fabulous.

Steak was OK but not a patch on New York restaurants.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Chicken entree sounded interesting but the chicken was overcooked and dry. It was really cold outside but the staff didn't want to accomodate by shutting the front door. The decor was very lovely.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was craving ceviche and was directly to Tabule by our hotel concierge. Tabule did not disappoint! We ordered the lettuce duck wrap and salmon ceviche to start and then finished off with the monk fish (which was one of the specials for the night). My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the duck and ceviche, but the monk fish was a little overcooked for our taste. Still, service was excellent! They definitely know their ceviche.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We chose this restaurant for the creative menu. Two of us tried the Gohan Tabule and was very interesting and good! I tried the special of the day which was monk fish and shrimp and was also very good, however a little too much sauce. The server did not tell me the price of the monk fish and I keep forgetting that one should ask for the price of the daily special. It was $38 which was a little more than I wanted to spend on an entree. We would go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

The concierge at the Marriott recommended this. I should have trusted the mixed reviews on the web sites. It wasn't horrible but nothing great. Average across the board except for the cerviche which seems to be the thing they are good at. Wait staff was average. Would bring what you asked for but no anticipating what you might need. Worst mojito I ever had. 5 of us each had a drink and a bottle of wine and it was $90 each. For that I expect more. Sampled a couple of desserts; go elsewhere.