“Ceviche!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tabule Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Tabule Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Market and Island
Portland, Oregon
“Ceviche!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was craving ceviche and was directly to Tabule by our hotel concierge. Tabule did not disappoint! We ordered the lettuce duck wrap and salmon ceviche to start and then finished off with the monk fish (which was one of the specials for the night). My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the duck and ceviche, but the monk fish was a little overcooked for our taste. Still, service was excellent! They definitely know their ceviche.

Visited March 2012

Bay Village, Ohio
“Creative Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

We chose this restaurant for the creative menu. Two of us tried the Gohan Tabule and was very interesting and good! I tried the special of the day which was monk fish and shrimp and was also very good, however a little too much sauce. The server did not tell me the price of the monk fish and I keep forgetting that one should ask for the price of the daily special. It was $38 which was a little more than I wanted to spend on an entree. We would go to this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lots of good restaurants in Gas Lamp, this is not one”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

The concierge at the Marriott recommended this. I should have trusted the mixed reviews on the web sites. It wasn't horrible but nothing great. Average across the board except for the cerviche which seems to be the thing they are good at. Wait staff was average. Would bring what you asked for but no anticipating what you might need. Worst mojito I ever had. 5 of us each had a drink and a bottle of wine and it was $90 each. For that I expect more. Sampled a couple of desserts; go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2011
“What the Heck!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

I don't know what restaurant these other reviewers went to but I have been here 3 times over the last year traveling and each time was better than the last. So I didn't use the restroom so all I can comment on is the food... which was stoupendous! we all had a fish dish and each piece of fish was cooked to perfection. The flavor was wonderful and the vegetables had a nice sugary glaze from being sauted just right. Our server Samuel was excellent as well as his assistants. We also had dessert and I have to say all though they were all "good" (cheese cake, chocolate lava cake & peanut butter,caramel, chocolate banana mousse) the mousse was my absolute favorite. We had some reasonably priced wines, actually two of our favorites. So I don't know what happened when the rest of you all went but that experience we won't soon forget it was terrific and our friends absolutely will be going back. We were wondering why such a great place had so few people in it. They must have read those reviews. Well I hope this helps them out a little and you guve them a second chance. I'lll say they are well worth it.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank stylnz8
Calgary, Canada
“Want to go to trendy restaurant that serves good food ...wrong, go to another spot in Gaslamp district”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Got a look at the menu, which looked promising: trendy, funky with a dash of asian inspiration. Went downhill from there. Food is too salty and vain. It seemed prepared in advance and reheated. If you go to the restroom you can have a look at the kitchen. No chef in there. Look under the plate for the asian influence. Always missing a knife or a fork, that i had to take from a nearby table.
Dessert was a farce with the mix mini cheese cake that were differentiated by various commercial jams.
Wine list is ok.