“Westin San Diego delivers exceptional customer service - June 2014”

The Westin San Diego
Ranked #63 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Chicago, Illinois
“Westin San Diego delivers exceptional customer service - June 2014”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My week long June 2014 stay at the Westin San Diego was mostly business and part leisure. I was very impressed with the overall level of customer service I was provided by various staff members. I was extremely impressed by the level of customer service I was provided by Rebecca C. (at the front desk). She was very professional and courteous -- and could not have been more helpful. As for the property itself, the room was very clean and well appointed. The bed was an absolute dream to sleep on (very comfortable!). The pool was nice. I enjoyed the onsite restaurant for breakfast (they have a great buffet!). The hotel's location is close to everything: shopping, dining, sight seeing, Gaslamp district, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank JM3122014
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
JM3122014-from everyone here at the Westin San Diego, especially Rebecca, thank you for sharing! I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay with us. The service provided by our staff is our number one strength and I love hearing your praise of the team. We strive to provide high levels of cleanliness, a deep night’s sleep aided by our signature Westin Heavenly beds, and quality food from our restaurant Coast for every guest’s stay. I’m happy you took advantage of our central location and enjoyed the nearby dining, shopping, and nightlife. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit!
Alyssa Turowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I recently stayed for the weekend of june 27-29th. Hotel looked really nice and clean, rooms looked just as great. Bathroom are a good size and the shower was great, I forget what the shower head is called, waterfall shower? , it was nice. We stayed on 22nd floor, opted out of the upgrade view, howeverour view was still nice, being so far up, it's still nice. Hotel is located probably 1mile or so to 4-5th street, aka gaslamp. It's definitely walkable if you're willing. But if you decide take a uber, its reasonable, maybe under 15 or less,depending on where. We parked at the pay lot across street for 2days and it was 40$, since we weren't going use our car. I am unsure of in and out policy there, so if you plan on using your car probably just do the hotel valet, which I pricey but allows in and out. Overall got a great deal on the hotel or else I probably wouldn't have stayed, but it was definitely a nice stay!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank csunjoe
Joe E-I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us! We pride ourselves on exceptionally high standards of cleanliness, service and amenities such as our signature Westin Heavenly Shower II. Our views over downtown and the bay are breathtaking. I am happy to hear you enjoyed some of the many options within walking distance of our hotel such as the notorious Gaslamp Quarter. We look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Why would you not stay here? First of all, the location is perfect. It is about a block or two from the Civic Theatre, the water, and a GREAT restaurant called The Fish Market. From the minute you check in with ReChannel (Name?) and Morgan at the front desk you are taken care of. Drako (name?) the bellman is wonderful, welcoming and a great help. The check in people are conscious about your stay, your needs, your room preference, your view, whatever it is your looking for. The room, PERFECT! You can always call Donald the manager with and concerns and he'll be there for you. The views of the harbor, PERFECT! You can see the bridge, boats, some of the city lights, it is just great. Of course the rooms are wonderful as always, complete with a new carpet that appears to imitate the beach and the ocean coming together. Spotless and clean. Wonderful heavenly bed. The pool is relaxing and nice and always good for a little relaxation and a dip. Walk a couple of blocks to Horton Plaza, a wonderful Diner called Brians 24 hour Cafe hits the spot for a good breakfast. While the Ace Parking needs to be replaced by hotel personnel (and a little steep) and the hotel should release holds on credit cards once the bill is paid (mine took a week to release after bill paid), the hotel was next to perfect. I am tough on hotels and highly recommend The Westin San Diego.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbor view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank palmspringsdoug
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Palmspringsdoug-from everyone here at the Westin San Diego, thank you for sharing this amazing feedback! It is beyond exciting to hear the praise of your entire stay, from compliments of the team to the ‘perfect’ room and views. Our convenient downtown location is definitely one of our best amenities, surpassed only by the warm hospitality of our staff. Parking charges are dictated by the area and we are happy to offer valet service for the convenience of our guests (priced at the lower end of downtown San Diego). We do release all holds upon check-out but depending on your financial institution it can vary when this is reflected on your account. I can’t wait to welcome you back on your next stay!
Lancaster, California
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family came down for a Thursday-Saturday trip to Sea World and to visit the Gaslamp District. The rooms were terrific, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was marvelous! A first rate experience. And what a great view from the 19th floor! Wow! The best part, in an odd way, was when my son left his rather expensive headphones in the room and didn't discover it until we got home. I called down to ask if they had been found, and got an immediate return call from John in security who told me they were found! After I struggled with getting FedEx to get a shipping label, John took care of everything and my son's headphones are on the way back home! :-) Next time we are in San Diego, we will be staying at The Westin! Thanks John, and everyone else at this marvelous hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room on the side that faces the water. We had rooms on the 15th and 19th floors, and the view...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Eric H
Eric H-all of us at the Westin San Diego thank you for staying with us! I am so happy you and your family enjoyed such a lovely time with us. We strive to provide exceptionally clean accommodations, a restful night’s sleep aided by our Westin Heavenly beds, and the highest level of service by our staff. I can definitely understand the stress caused by losing a personal item and I love hearing how John expediently took care of returning your son’s headphones. We can’t wait to welcome you all back on your next stay in San Diego!
Fremont, CA
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel was what I'd expected from a Westin -- clean, quiet, and comfortable. Not as grand as the US Grant down the street but more functional with better bathrooms. I've stayed at several hotels in downtown San Diego in recent years and they were all fine. But I never had the urge to revisit any of them. So I tried this Westin, and would definitely stay here again. It's fairly business like, but the beds are good and the concierge booked a wonderful massage for me in the hotel, even though there isn't really a spa. It's the people at the Westin that make the difference. From Juan and Korena in the dining room to the bell hops and valet parking people, everyone was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jmrusch
Jmrusch- from the entire team here at the Westin San Diego, especially Juan and Korena, thank you for this incredible feedback! I am beyond thrilled to hear of your enjoyable and restful stay with us. This type of warm, friendly and seamless service is the type of experience we strive to provide all our guests. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to San Diego!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My only issue with this place is that there is no continental breakfast. I think all hotels should offer that, especially with the price you pay to stay there. Overall this place was clean and quiet. It's in walking distance of so many things as well as the trolley stop.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Simpsonatc22 – I was happy to read about your quiet and restful experience with us. We do offer continental breakfast through room service and our restaurant Coast. We also offer quick grab and go items such as fruit, pastries and bagels from our coffee shop Aroma. I am sorry for any confusion. We hope to welcome you back to San Diego soon!
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location is nice. However, for a 4 star hotel, my experience here is only mediocre. The water bottle's seal was broken. Safe deposit box wasn't working properly. Housekeeper forgot to leave shampoo for us in one of the three days that we stayed. Bed is soft. Lots of noise at night despite that we stayed at 24th floor. Elevator is slow. Extra 40 dollars to park is pricey.

Room Tip: Staying at 23th floor or below will save you time when waiting for elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PrajnaSun
PrajnaSun-I am glad you enjoyed our location. We strive to provide every guest a flawless stay and clearly we fell short during your time with us. Parking is at a premium downtown and we happily offer valet service for our guests priced at the lower end of the area. I hope you return to San Diego and stay with us again soon.