“Great Location, Great bed to sleep in.”

The Westin San Diego
Ranked #63 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location. Walking distance to Little Italy and Gas Lamp Quarters. The rooms are clean. the bed is very comfortable. You are provided with a fridge in the room. I have been to other Westin hotels that I had to pay for a fridge in the room. It has a nice small gym. You get a free bottle of water every day.

For the parking, there are plenty of parking spots around the hotel for $15 a day. There is one in the corner of West A Street and Columbia Street. Also you can park on the street after 6 PM till 8 AM. One side of the street you are allowed to park on Monday, Wed, Friday till 6 AM and other side of the street on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday till 6 AM.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank perspolise1
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

perspolise1-

The Westin San Diego is centrally located between all of downtown’s greatest attractions. We are walking distance to Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter and the harbor! It is easy to walk or take public transportation from our location.
We know that parking is difficult in downtown San Diego. Our competitively priced valet offers unlimited in and out privileges that the other lots and garages do not offer. Our staff can always help advise you on any of the questions you may have. I look forward to seeing you again soon in San Diego.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Was "upgraded" to one of 18 pure allergen free room from a tradition room. I did not think the room smelled fresh. The air purifier wasn't turned on (when we turned it on, it actually smelled "moldy").

We were able to find a meter parking space on the streets two blocks away late saturday evening. The self parking garage across the street on Columbia was gated off on both sides, maybe because of the marathon Sunday morning. However, when we checked out on sunday morning, we saw the steel gates lifted. Odd.

Opted for the welcome points instead of continental breakfast, so can't comment there. The room was very small, and the hallway was even smaller. Very odd configuration.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shsiang
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Shsiang-I am happy to hear you participated in our PURE program. We love to provide allergen-free rooms as an additional option for our guests. I apologize for any odor from the air purifier-that is not what we aim for and a definite ‘oops’ on our part. Self-parking is available downtown based on availability, on the streets and in parking garages. Our room shapes vary due to our landmark crystal-shaped towers, known as the Emerald Plaza. We hope to welcome you back to America’s finest city.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed for only one night in late May. I chose the hotel due to the closeness of the Amtrak station as I boarded the train at 6 am the next morning. I was very pleased with the check-in procedure and the room. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends or family. If the Gaslamp noise level concerns you, this is far enough away (but within walking distance) to not be bothered by Gaslamp partiers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank williamsm
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Williamsm-I’m so happy you chose to stay with us! I’m glad you enjoyed our premier downtown location, close to all the amenities of San Diego such as transportation, restaurants and nightlife. It’s also lovely to hear of your seamless arrival experience and enjoyment of our fresh and welcoming rooms. I can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to San Diego!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

First time staying in Westin. The bed was super comfortable and the room had nice furnishings. I the room. The hotel is in a convenient located near the Gaslamp Quarter and a 10 minute drive to the airport. The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars was because the room layout was super awkward and there was a sticky substance on the bathroom counter when I checked in (room service came up and wiped down shortly after my call). I think the weird layout was specific to our room. I looked at the floor map near the elevator and our room was the only one that was shaped this way. Also, the room wasn't well ventilated - my swimsuit was hung in the bathroom for two days and it still didn't dry.

Room Tip: Don't park in the Westin ($45) or across the street ($20) - park at a meter. The meters are free...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Mike M-I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your first time with us, including our updated rooms, comfortable Westin Heavenly beds and convenient downtown location. I love how we’re central not only to the infamous Gaslamp Quarter but also a quick trip to the airport. Our room layouts are unique in that not all rooms are shaped the same due to our diamond-like towers.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The team at the Westin went above and beyond to make our stay - and surprise engagement - so special. I had no idea we were getting engaged that night and the team made sure I didn't think something was up. My fiancé worked with the team to ensure that nothing about the reservation I booked looked suspicious, yet all the while, they were plotting to bring me several surprises! The accommodations were amazing (hello, I could live in that bed full of pillows) and the staff was incredible. Our special thanks to concierge Molly, who was in on the surprise and now an integral part of 'our story'. Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Rebecca O-from everyone here at the Westin San Diego, thank you for sharing this rave review! All of us, especially Molly, are thrilled to have been a part of your engagement. Congratulations again! I love hearing your compliments of our ‘amazing’ staff and Westin Heavenly bed, a signature of our brand. We can’t wait to welcome you and your fiancée back for your next stay! Perhaps an anniversary celebration next year is in order?

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very cozy - the bedding seemed softer than most hotels at this price range. When we arrived, there was a power outage, so the hotel provided free drinks at the bar while we waited. Nice location and in walking distance of most places of interest downtown. Parking is pricey, so park across the street in the parking garage. We had no problem parking the car there overnight.

Room Tip: Park overnight in the parking garage across the street - it's less expensive!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BobbiFetish
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear BobbiFetish- I am glad to hear you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms and Westin Heavenly Bed, a signature of our brand that practically guarantees a restful night of sleep. We are in the perfect downtown location, conveniently within walking distance to all of San Diego’s amenities. Parking is scarce downtown and we are happy to offer valet parking service for our guests’ convenience (priced at the lower end for the area). I am happy our staff went above and beyond in offering complimentary refreshments at the lounge while the unexpected power outage was quickly remedied. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay soon!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a wonderful 'dog friendly' hotel in a great location in the vibrant middle of the city, adjacent to an exciting mall, that provides top notch service to its guests. Found in downtown San Diego near the 'Gaslamp District' and connected to Horton Plaza, within short walking to Petco Park, Seaport Village, the San Diego Harbor and tons of great eating venues. And while in San Diego with the family or on a solo trip, if you have the time you can't miss visiting the San Diego Zoo - you will not regret it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SDmanT

SDmanT-I am thrilled to see you enjoyed our premier downtown location and dog-friendly service. We love to not only welcome your pet but also provide Westin Heavenly Dog bed and bowl upon request. We know your furry ones are family too! I love to hear how you took advantage of walking to such gems as Seaport Village, Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter. We can’t to welcome you back on your next stay in San Diego!

Remain Well,