“Hopeless room service”

The Westin San Diego
Ranked #61 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 9, 2014

For $220 a night I expect that when I order room service a) they send cutlery and b) they send the food I asked for. By the time I got the cutlery sent up and cut into the omelet it was cold, and I realized they sent the wrong one

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear GeorgiaCT,

This is definitely not the In Room Dining experience we are accustomed to delivering. I am sincerely sorry for the missed service opportunity and am pleased to know we took care of your order immediately upon recognizing the concerns. We strive to create great guest experiences with all our guests and had hoped our quick reaction and recognition of our miss would have shown how important these experiences are to us and how important you are as a guest to us. This is not the normal experience and we pride ourselves on the exceeding guests expectation scores we regularly receive.
We hope you will give Westin hotels and the Westin San Diego another try in the future, should your travels allow.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Super nice staff. Very clean, quiet room. Pay for valet parking because let's face it, parking in San Diego is a pain and expensive. Valet parking is worth it! Only complaint was that I didn't book 2 nights there because I didn't want to leave after just one night. Great location, walking distance to downtown attractions. I will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Samuel C,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We have everything you need when you travel to San Diego and our location is close to all of downtown’s greatest attractions. Our welcoming and friendly staff are always available to make sure you have everything you need during your stay. We know that parking in downtown San Diego can be complicated. Our valet is competitively priced in the downtown area and our talented and trained valet staff will make sure you and your vehicle are well taken care of. We hope you join us again in San Diego very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

It was my first trip to San Diego, and our room offered a amazing views of downtown, the San Diego Bay, and Coronado Island. The bar staff was amazing - I loved the fries and the martinis. We enjoyed chatting with our friendly bartender, Annie! I would definitely stay at the Westin again. The location is so convenient!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Praslina,

I am pleased to read that we made your first trip to San Diego a memorable one. We are a great choice for the traveler on foot. Centrally located between Little Italy, the Gaslamp, the Harbor and Seaport Village, we are just minutes away from great shops and dining. We are also just blocks away from the ferry landing and minutes from the World Famous San Diego Zoo! Thank you for recognizing Annie from our Food and Beverage team. We always appreciate recognition from our staff and I will be sure to share your feedback with Annie and her team. I look forward to your next vacation with us in San Diego!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Felt "welcomed" the moment we drove up - outstanding customer service from the baggage handlers, valet, front desk, concierge and just passing staff - common areas were sleek, moden and clean, just as our room was. The bed was very comfortable, room was quiet and private with fantastic views of the bay. (17th floor) Walking distance to a number of resturants and the Horton Plaza. I have aboslutely nothing negative to say about this property - it was a perfect get away and the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Request a Bay View Room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear HappyAZGirl,

I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recognizing the great service of our staff during your stay. I am pleased that you enjoy the design of our $15 million transformation. We combined the modern design with Westin’s natural elements to create a relaxing and renewing environment for our guests. Our Westin Heavenly Bed guarantees a restful nights sleep and you can take one home with you from the Westin-at home online store, Pottery Barn or Nordstroms. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon in San Diego.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

What can I say, fabulous stay in this stunning 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom and over 2000 sqft Presidential Suite. If you have the money and want an entire floor to yourself, well this is the way to travel. Views at night and even during the day were unbelievable from our penthouse. Everything about the suite was clean, elegant, and very comfortable. No complaints there. Room service was very fast as was maid service when we went out the next day, we came back to a nicely cleaned suite. The staff at the hotel were wonderful from checking in to the friendly valet guys. The hotel was on Broadway, downtown, so you could walk to the mall or grab a taxi to take you to "Little Italy" lots of great restaurants in San Diego. The main reason we were there was to go aboard the USS Midway aircraft ship. It was a 15 minute walk from the hotel, and very interesting. Wonderful stay at the Westin on Broadway!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula Z

Dear Paula H,

I am delighted you enjoyed our newly remodeled presidential suite. The 180 degree breathtaking views over the city and the harbor of San Diego are amazing. Our staff works very hard to leave a lasting impression on our guests and I am happy to read they did so with you while you were here. I hope that you and your family join us again in San Diego soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

From the moment I checked in, the concierge molly took amazing care of us with dining reservations to tours around the city. She had great knowledge about her city as well as her hotel. She also made my night special by arranging some special things i requested in the room since i proposed to my girlfriend the same night. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and cant wait to come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear jibber77777,

I am pleased to hear that we could help make your proposal special. Our concierge team is a great resource to help plan any special occasion and activity while in San Diego. Thank you for recognizing Molly. We always appreciate recognition for our employees and I will be sure to share your feedback with Molly and the team. I hope that we can share even more memories with you and your family in the future.

Be Well,

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My flight was cancelled and I needed a last minute room close to the airport. Westin made it so easy for me! I tried to call and get their shuttle to pick me up, but the front desk was busy. Oh well. The hotel is lovely, about 10 minutes from the airport (free shuttle to and from usually). Service was outstanding and my room was wonderful. I was on a high floor, so no noise from below. King bed, luxurious sheets and a giant TV. Room service was so-so, but other than that, everything exceeded my expectations. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: High floor - quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank joybuyer
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear joybuyer,

We are a great choice for the last minute bookings for layovers. Our complimentary shuttle makes it easy to travel with us. Located in the heart of downtown, we are walking distance to great shops and dining. Our welcoming and friendly staff is there to make sure you have what you need and we exceed all your expectations. Our signature Westin Heavenly bed guarantees a great nights rest and you can purchase the exact same bed and all of the luxurious sheets through our Westin-at Home online store or your neighborhood Pottery Barn or Nordstroms. Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Diego!

Be Well,