“good food”

Ebisu Sushi Bar
Ranked #1,996 of 4,987 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food here is really good. Its a little overpriced but the atmosphere is quiet and fiendly. This is a good place to bring a date, not good for kids since its a quiet atmosphere. But overall I will be returning. By the way they have a full bar as well!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The sushi here is pretty good overall. There's only one thing we ordered that we were disappointed in but I don't even remember what that was. It was one of the rolls that were on special. But everything else was absolutely delicious! The hand rolls are perfectly made. We sat at the bar and the sushi makers were super friendly and it was fun watching them make the rolls so fast! I wish I can make rolls as well as they could.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stumbled across this place looking for another sushi restaurant, and were more than pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, although it did get pretty energetic as the evening wore on and the Pride Fest crowd wandered in to celebrate. The fish was fresh, the wine list was paired well with the food, and the service was unobtrusive and friendly. It's close to Balboa Park in the Hillcrest neighborhood, which is full of fun places if you feel like staying out after dinner. The only issue is parking because it's all on the street and the neighborhood is busy, but it's San Diego -- walking in the balmy evening air is a good thing. I'll go back next time I'm in San Diego.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

San Diego visitors, locals and bucket list writers, please mark one down as a "must visit" I have tried sushi in so many different cities and this is as close to nirvana as I have found. It was by far, hands down the best. You will not be disappointed. The warm dish made with scallops was an epicurian dream. I highly recommend this restaurant to even seasoned sushians.

1  Thank lilyofcolorado
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We got take out and they were very accomodating when I decided to add more to our order. It was delicious! Not muich parking in the area; we walked from our hotel.