“ocean love” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Beach Cottages
Ranked #140 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“ocean love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2004

My husband and I stayed in the hotel facing the ocean
on the second floor. Very Clean . No air-conditioning, but they did provide a fan. We had a refrigerator &
microwave with coffee pot. We both loved it!
Friendly People all around. Our stay was beautiful, a
great memory. We would definitly go back. Also a
wonderful family place. A good value too.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Houston,TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2004

The Beach Cottages are very nice. Me and 3 of my friends (ages 25-26) stayed at the Beach Cottages for 2 nights and didn't want to leave. We stayed in the North Building. You can walk to the boardwalk and the beach and you have easy access to the strip. The room was very spacious. The room feels more like an apartment than a hotel room.
There's nothing bad that I can say about this hotel except that there's no A/C and we didn't find out until after we booked the room. But it was cool, b/c it didn't get hot while we were there (March 2004). The next time I go to San Diego, I'm DEFINITELY staying at the Beach Cottages.

4 Thank nitabita
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2004

We have been going to the Cottages now 5 years. Every year we really look forward to the trip from Vegas. The location can't be beat.
Everything you need or want is in walking distance. Our only regret is we can't stay longer! We will continue giong as long as we have breath!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2003

I have been going to the beach cottages for 25 years, I love them now just as much as ever. They are my first choice in any vacation. My first was when I was approximately 13, with my parents. My last visit was my Honeymoon, my next will be taking my children to the Beach Cottages for their first Ocean Experience. Hope they never change.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member