“Amazing staff...the most helpful and friendly I've experienced!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sommerset Suites Hotel

Sommerset Suites Hotel
Ranked #21 of 282 Hotels in San Diego
“Amazing staff...the most helpful and friendly I've experienced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Every employee I encountered was beyond accommodating, from the front desk clerks who printed out directions for me whenever I asked how to get somewhere, to the breakfast attendant who formed relationships with all guests and ran around non-stop restocking supplies and keeping everyone happy! The front desk even offered me a new room the last (5th) night of our stay when I vented to them about the loud guest above my room! My 9yr old loved the hotel and employees too!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Aron G, General Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear britt143,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your most recent stay with us. The team and I were delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we were part of your memorable experience.

Aron Gokhan Gunver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just completed a San Diego weekend getaway with friends. Upon our arrival, we requested a room change to one with a balcony facing the pool. Ian, the staff person on duty, very amicably made it happen. He exemplified good costumer service. We than learned that the hotel was hosting a complimentary barbecue that night. This was an amazing feast, held outdoors poolside, and included grilled meats, beans, rice, tortillas, open wine bar, and lots more. One of our party requested a non-meat option and the staff offered salmon burgers. Our room accommodated 5 of us very well and we made good use of the kitchen. I have stayed here before and would definitely stay again. Well done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Aron G, General Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Marilyn.M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that our team members exceeded your expectations, Thank you very much for staying with us! We look forward to your next stay at the Sommerset Suites Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My family and I booked 2 rooms here for a visit to San Diego. Checking was efficient, the rooms were clean and spacious although could have been slightly better maintained (doors coming loose in the kitchenette). The breakfast was adequate and the lady running the breakfast room very friendly and efficient. The only negative comment is the US$ 9 per day to park in the car park. I know it is a business but having paid a reasonable room rate it gives a bad impression to be charged to park in the hotel's car park.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Connoisseur2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in San Diego for a week of work. I chose the Sommerset Suites for the location and value (price). When first checking in there had been a glitch with my reservation. The staff did all they could to solve the problem. They treated me very well. The hotel is not glamorous, but was the perfect place for me. I slept well, was able to work and relax in the great Hillcrest neighborhood and easily get to downtown San Diego (15 min bus ride). Running in Balboa Park, the Balboa Park museums and the mix of restaurants, bars and cafes in the neighborhood completed the picture. Even did laundry at the hotel for my next week of work. So relaxed. Many thanks to the staff of the Sommerset Suites - it was perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sawtoothinAmsterdam
viridiana z, Front Office Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear SawtoothinAmsterdam,

I appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us and we are grateful for the recognition you placed on our staff and quality accommodations. Please contact us when your travels brings you back to San Diego.

Yours in Hospitality,
Viridiana Zapata
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located at the Washington exit of the 163 freeway, this hotel is easy to get to and and a great launching pad to explore Hillcrest and Balboa Park. The rest of San Diego is just a few minutes away. The rooms are clean, the staff is very attentive, and the included breakfast has just the right assortment of comfort and nutricious selections. Lots of restaurants, shops, and a 24-Hour Fitness gym nearby. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Inla2000,

On behalf of the entire Team at the Sommerset Suites Hotel, We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on our suites, hotel cleanliness and our location. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future!

Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the Sommerset Suites Hotel during a recent convention in San Diego. The front desk staff, especially Ian and Bonita were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is just the right size to be comfortable and personal. The breakfast was perfect and fresh. The pool area was very well kept and was spotlessly clean and beautifully landscaped. The staff could not have done any more for us. I would stay there again and would bring my family back for an extended visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Aron G, Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Dale R,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our guest service team members. They are valued associates and we will be sure to pass along your praise. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon!

Regards
Aron G. Gunver
Swartz Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a very light sleeper and I had zero issues with ambulance noise at this hotel and our room faced the hospital. I loved that each bed had 6 pillows (we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with 2 beds). Our ten year loved the pool and hottub. Breakfast was nice but crowded....the way it is laid out the waffle machines are in the corner so everyone hovers in front of it blocking the other food. Parking was easy and cheap. Take note that the doors to the rooms are technically exterior facing the pool area but you have to use a room key to get access to the building to get up to those exterior corridors (except on the occasions when another guest left the entry door open). We had stayed at a much more expensive boutique hotel downtown earlier in the week and had decided to move closer to the airport to a place we hoped was more family friendly and this sure was! Right near Project Pie which has the best pizza ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dianeandtwo
Aron G, General Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Dianeandtwo ,

Thank you for your exceptional review about our property, amenities and location. We are pleased to know that we were part of your memorable experience! It was a great pleasure having you and your family staying with us. We hope to be of service in the future.

Thank you.