16 people are viewing this hotel
$356
Vio.com
$323
3,202 results
All reviews full ocean view boogie boards master suite sand toys beach chairs ocean front within walking distance family suite ocean waves pool area hear the waves la jolla hot tub underground parking third floor wonderful hotel resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2019

It's a beautiful hotel and great location to the beach. The bed frames are gorgeous, but the bed frame makes it a challenge to get in and out of the bed. The shower is narrow and combined with a tub. The shower door makes it awkward to use. There is a fitness center, but it is located in the garage. It gives you an unsafe feeling when using it.

The staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast buffet is great.

1  Thank storyteller0777
TerrySPacificTerrace, Director of Marketing at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2019

Dear storyteller0777, First of all thank you so much for staying with us at the Pacific Terrace Hotel and for your feedback. While we are happy to hear you found the hotel beautiful with a great beach location enjoyed our breakfast buffet and found our staff friendly we are of course disappointed to learn there were a few challenges.
Your comments on the shower/tub combo ( not the same in all rooms) and the fitness center have been passed on to all department heads as we are always looking for ways to improve. We do hope however, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future the next time your travels bring you to the Pacific Beach area of San Diego.

Reviewed September 25, 2019

The hotel is located in a great location for the beach, bars, restaurants and shops. All the staff are amazing! Professional, welcoming and extremely helpful. The rooms are high quality, incredibly clean and contain everything you would need. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would highly recommended it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Sarahmq13

Dear Sarahmq, Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Pacific Terrace Hotel.So pleased to hear you enjoyed our great location on the boardwalk, rooms and most of all that you found our staff so amazing. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and would highly recommend!

Reviewed September 24, 2019

The location is a dream; the view from our room was heaven!; and every single member of the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We NEVER ran into anyone that didn’t have a smile and a greeting and they were all willing to help with whatever we needed. We were able to get chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards for the beach which was so nice! Walking the pier (especially at night) was a people-watcher’s paradise. There are so many shops, restaurants, and bars within walking distance that you never feel like you’re missing out on anything! I would definitely recommend this hotel for fellow travelers. If they would just rent the balcony full-time, that’s where we would retire

2  Thank kathir143
TerrySPacificTerrace, Director of Marketing at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2019

Dear kathir143, Thank you so much for such an amazing review and wonderful feedback! We are so pleased to hear you found the Pacific Terrace has it all, mentioning our "dream" location, incredible views and found our staff so incredibly friendly and helpful. Most of all pleased you would definitely recommend us to your fellow travelers! Thank you again and hope to welcome you back again soon to enjoy our balconies!

Reviewed September 22, 2019

I LOVE this hotel and its staff! They cover every imaginable comfort detail you can dream up! I’ve been staying at Pacific Terrace for several years now and feel so much like family that I’m comfortable to travel to the hotel without my husband. There is something special about the staff recognizing me year after year. However, whether they truly know you or not, we are all made to feel welcome and special.

I’d like to take this opportunity to mention a few folks specifically starting with the poolside crowd as that’s where I spend the most time. A special thank you to:

1. Stephen Hopkins
2. Ivy Johnson
3. Reggie Wells
4. Sam Blumenshine
5. Bailey Plunk

They served my food hot and kept my drinks flowing!

I rely heavily on the wonderful concierge services of Dan Thomas who always steers me in the right direction. A special thank you also to the Bell staff Ryan Bockmier and Andrew Frazer.

To Angelique of Guest Amenities, thank you for hooking me up with the coffee and creamer stash for my morning and evening fix!! All I had to do was ask and my wish was granted!

And last but certainly not least, a heartfelt thank you to Sandra Kauffman, the General Manager of this beautiful property. The efforts you put forth with the property and your impeccable staff are a testament to your fine leadership. It all started with you making Rob and I feel welcome in the dining room.

Thank you all for everything you do for my husband and me. We always come back to the best hotel in San Diego and we always will.

Room tip: The ocean view is the best view!
Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank ArizonaDi
TerrySPacificTerrace, Director of Marketing at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2019

Dear ArizonaD!, Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Pacific Terrace Hotel! We are thrilled to hear you and your husband have had such wonderful times here at your “beach home" away from home - and that you feel welcome and special. You are!
In addition, we would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to for being loyal, repeat guests, and for your special comments about our staff. We are very proud of each and every one of them. They appreciate being recognized, and we will be sure to pass your amazing comments onto them! Again, thank you for your detailed review. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2019

We loved sitting on the ocean front lanai and seeing all the activity. Hearing the waves was awesome. We enjoyed pool side drinks and refreshments. Food was very good. There is a lot of activities you may participate in if you choose. Lot of good restaurants in walking distance. Great place.

1  Thank TAuser09212019
TerrySPacificTerrace, Director of Marketing at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2019

Dear Tauser09212019, Thank you so much for staying with us at the Pacific Terrace Hotel and for your wonderful comments and feedback! We are so pleased to hear you had such a great stay and especially enjoyed our beach front location and listening to the waves at night. Looking forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you back to San Diego.