“very pleased!”

Pacific Terrace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2004

I chose this hotel for a romantic weekend away from the kids with my hubby based upon the tripadvisor reviews, and was not disappointed! The room was lovely, and just as described, the staff was delightful! They cheerfully gave recommendations for restaurants (and it was great advice) and they have a little business center that I used for free, so I could checkin for our flight home online - that alone saved an hour or more wait at the airport! Every person we dealt with was pleasant, from the cleaning staff to the people who set out the breakfast - and the balconies/patios, views, and pool area are all lovely! It's also in a nice location right on the boardwalk, and the beach. I don't know that I would stay there with very small children (under 5), but it was perfect for the two of us. We also got a good rate on a site called ------------.

• Stayed: November 2004
There are newer reviews for Pacific Terrace Hotel

Reviewed October 31, 2004

I stayed here this past weekend with my girlfriend and absolutely loved it! We stay in San Diego at least one weekend a month, and this is definitely one of the best hotels. First of all, for location, it's tough to beat. Pacific Beach is a great area to visit, with excellent restaurants, a number of good bars, and a beautiful beach. Having said this, the area is lacking in nice hotels. The Pacific Terrace was fantastic. We booked a "Garden View" room online for a discounted rate, but when we arrived we upgraded to an ocean view mini-suite because the hotel was not full. The view was perfect, and if possible I would encourage the ocean view rooms, as the "garden" appeared to actually be an alley. The room was clean, staff excellent, pool and hot tub area very nice, the breakfast was good, plentiful, and fresh, and there was plenty of parking below the hotel. We will definitely return and highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank ConcertboyPT
Stourbridge, England
Reviewed October 17, 2004

We stayed at the Pacific from 12/10 to 15/10 at the end of two weeks touring. I had booked an ocean view suite and wow, what a view ! I've noticed the last review re some issues with a room, however, I could not fault ours. It was clean, furnished well, very quiet and we felt comfortable with the whole place. We considered changing our flights just to stay longer ! The staff were all excellent and we loved the location in Pacific Beach. The place has a young vibe to it, but certainly at the time we stayed was not in any way rowdy. Of the hotels we stayed at on this trip, this was the best and I would certainly return. Not sure if restuarant recommendations are the done thing on here, but on the last night we went to Cafe Bella Italia and had a great meal - its on Garnet Blvd and was listed in the hotels recommendations. San Diego was brilliant in every way - will be back !

• Stayed: October 2004
Reviewed October 14, 2004

Stayed at Pacific Terrace Oct 10-13. The small intimate feel of the hotel is a huge welcome from many of the mega-resorts I've stayed at. You dont have to walk 2 miles back to your room if you've forgotten your sunscreen, etc back at your room. Stayed on the 1st floor and pool and breakfast room was literally 10 steps from my patio. The Pacific Beach area of San Diego is not ritzy but it has alot of character. Within walking distance to local sights and restaurants..While my room showed some ware, I expect that is with most beach hotels. I am a travel agent and have stayed at super deluxe to downright dumps...I would stay here again,, cant wait to go back.

1  Thank temtravel