“GREAT EXPERIENCE”

Pacific Terrace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was a great experience! The view was great. The ocean was only steps away. The staff was very friendly and took a personal interest in my needs and making sure I was comfortable. The room was spotless and everything in the room worked perfectly. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good, even though I came for breakfast at the last minute. The room was large with up to date decor. The Keurig in the room with 4 coffee's was wonderful. The guy at the front desk gladly traded the 2 decaf's for regular coffee's. I wish I had been there longer. I will return!!! It was too cold to swim in the pool but it was pretty! Do yourself a favor and take some time off and spend a few day's here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Judy J

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is one of my favorite hotels I've ever stayed at. Great location, literally right on the beach. Heated out-door pool and hot tub. Within short walking distance to tons of great local restaurants (check out Surf Taco for great Mexican food). Convenient driving distance to may other attractions (Sea World just down the street). The staff was always very friendly. Room was excellent condition (good size and very clean). Definitely worth the little extra $ to get a room with a view and private patio/balcony. We spent a good deal of time just relaxing on our balcony enjoying the amazing ocean view and the sunsets were absolutely gorgeous! Only thing I didn't love is when we pulled up with our rental car they told us there was an additional charge to park in the hotel garage. Didn't really seem to be any other parking options near by, so you don't have much of a choice. Seemed like for the price of the room parking should be included, but they did do complimentary valet/garage service so that was a perk at least. Overall loved this hotel and I hope to stay here again soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allison K
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, although it turns out is was at least ten years ago. It is right on the beach and the boardwalk, and though an older property, has an elegant, romantic style. The rooms are enormous. Ours, they told us, was the last unrented one they had and they were apologetic that there was no view. No view? We were behind the pool but could still see the water and had a sweet little ground level patio. The service has always been excellent there and it still is. The staff is helpful and accommodating. We love walking on the boardwalk behind the hote

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank elexegente
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Love:
*The ocean - incredible views from much of the property, stunning sunsets, falling asleep to crashing waves.
*Location - right on top of boardwalk, beach access, ocean, sunset, lots of accessible/walkable dining options. If you like Thai/Mex try Isabel's Cantina - fresh, flavorful.

Not loving:
*No jacuzzi for our entire 4 day stay. Disappointed there was no advance notice especially since we learned this was due to preventative maintenance. Pretty big amenity to be without at this time of year when it's too chilly to swim. Offsetting this missing amenity by offering the use of the jacuzzi at their sister property 5 miles away falls short once I came to find that their nicer jacuzzi was also closed for preventative maintenance.
*Bed frames are bulky ornate wood that take up too much space in a room with two queen beds, and the wide frames make getting into/out of bed awkward.

I appreciate the coupons to local area businesses, but it's strange to include amenities and services offered by the hotel in the coupon book. Cheapens the experience, in my opinion, to offer me a welcome glass of wine or allow me the use of your bikes, but only if I hand you a coupon from the book you've just provided me.

Parking: Had no trouble finding on-street parking during our weekday visit so I was glad to save the $25 per day parking fee.

Room Tip: Book a full ocean view, if possible. Worth the extra $ to soak in the vista at every opportunity.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lemonthistle
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Prior to booking a room, my husband i read the reviews on trip advisor. While the comments were positive, our stay exceeded all expectations. Our room was incredible, the staff was very helpful and the location unbelievable. Cannot wait to return to the pacific terrace

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite. Our room was equipped with a mini kitchen which saved us some money as we...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have loved this hotel for years. I was upgraded to what I think is called the presidential suite on my very first stay 4+ years ago. I think that set my expectations so high, that I always walk away wanting more. I do love this hotel, but the last time we stayed, we were on an end unit over looking the garbage can and garage. We had some issues with the cleaning supply smells and couldn't be moved.
The staff is amazing! Again, my expectations were blown away the first time, but it is an amazing location right on the beach and a great get away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rcopeland14
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Pacific Terrace. Perfect location just off the beach. Staff was truly amazing. Lots of free extras (beach equipment, bikes, etc) that came with our stay. We will make plans again to stay here when we come to San Diego.

Room Tip: The beach side rooms with an ocean view is worth the price.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple