“fantastic friendly hotel great location”

Pacific Terrace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 5, 2013

W e stayed at this hotel and what a pleasure it was. the staff are very friendly and helpful, the room was fantastic, the only downside was when we oderred a snack at te pool it took a long time to come and the fries were cold but didn't get any reduction for it. The location is superb and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: we stayed in a partial sea view and it had a fantastic view with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff was friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean. My ocean view was the perfect piece to my stay. I was only suppose to stay for two nights but I had to extend for four more nights. I will stay again.

Room Tip: High floors have a better ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank j_m_wat
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Based on TripAdvisor, we booked four nights here at the end of March.
We were extremely pleased with the result. The location was great- right near the beach and about a five minute walk to the Crystal Pier. Our 8yr old loved the pool and the hot tub.
The staff were all really pleasant- everyone greeted us as we passed them in the hall.
As part of our room package, we had half off the breakfast buffet. While it is normally ~$15/person, at $7.50/person we felt it was a steal. We loved sitting on the patio in the morning watching the mist burn off the ocean.
One thing to be aware of is that the hotel is posher than the nearby town. Pacific Beach has a lot of bars and surf shops- not necessarily geared towards kids. While we had a couple of good meals at the Fat Fish, we ended up eating in La Jolla the other nights.

Room Tip: We were in room 115 (two queen beds, partial ocean view), which had both pluses and minuses. It was...
2  Thank SarahDV
PTHSanDiego, Manager at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Sarah,
Thanks for reviewing your stay. I am glad the Pacific Terrace could be a part of your trip out west. I know what you mean with the first floor rooms, the parents love to be on the upper floors but it's just too convenient on the first floor with kids. Happy to hear you explored La Jolla as well during your stay. I hope you made it home safely and that you will visit us again sometime in the future.
Angela Hansen

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Family and I stayed for a couple of days in a Full Ocean View Jr Suite. The room was spacious and clean with a beautiful view, and the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. Walking distance from some of the best restaurants in San Diego, and a short (<30m) ride to everything. Parking is gated and underground for $22/day, and there is access to parking and the pool for the rest of the day following checkout. All the positive reviews are well deserved. We had a great experience.

Room Tip: Full ocean view is worth it.
2  Thank MCallarse
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The minute I walked into my room at this hotel, I knew I wanted to stay for more than 1 night. I ended up staying 4 nights. The view of the ocean was fantastic from my balcony. The location is great. You can walk to many restaurants, bars & shopping. If you want to rent a bike it is a couple of blocks away. It is fun to ride a bike on the boardwalk through Pacific Beach & Mission Beach. La Jolla is close by. The staff at the hotel was wonderful. They know what customer service is all about.
This will be my go to hotel next time I'm in San Diego.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CindyFoscoG

Cindy,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Pacific Terrace. It's great to hear you were able to extend your stay for a few more nights! Riding bikes along the boardwalk is a must-do in Pacific Beach. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Warm Regards,
Angela Hansen

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My 2 friends and I had a wonderful 6 night stay at the Pacific Terrace Hotel. The room with 2 queen beds was quite large and in impeccable condition. We especially liked the wooden adjustable louvers on the sliding doors. The beds and bedding were really comfy. Our balcony overlooking the pool area and the ocean was very roomy. The breakfast buffet was tasty and quite extensive with the hot items being different each day. We found the entire staff to be so nice and accommodating ~ we felt they were truly happy we were there. It's a great place!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We decided to get away from the snow, cold and clouds for a few days and as I had work the following in the area , we looked for a beachside hotel. This one came highly recommended on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed.
The rooms were large and well lit and had all the amenities one needed. The balcony provided a great view especially at sunset and a breeze as well.
The staff were friendly, informative and helpful. We used thier bikes one morning to do a ride of the beach front and I'd highly recommend it. It can easily be done in less than 2 hours even with stops for photos and the like.
They also offer beach chairs and beach towels.
They serve breakfast ($14) and it is average to above average with the added luxury of being able to sit outside by the pool.
There are plenty of local restaurants with helpful recommendations fromthe staff for lunch or dinner or you can order in from 2 of the local restaurants.
Pool was nicely heated and hot tub was just that, nice and hot.
A bit pricey but as my research showed not out of line with other properties in the area.
All in all it allowed us to have a great mini vacation.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the south side of the building as many rooms overlook a public restroom where the h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple