Pacific Terrace Hotel
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$279
$249
$262
$220
$429
$389
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$354
  • Restaurant
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$255
$249
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$351
$329
Official Site
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$1,128
$259
$309
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$1,128
$289
$236
$227
  • Beachfront
2,175 results
All reviewsfull ocean viewocean frontboogie boardssand toysbeach chairssmall hoteljunior suitela jollapool areahear the wavesturn down serviceboard walkview roomhot tubfirst floorcrystal pierunderground parking
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff was top notch. Customer service was above and beyond. The location was great. It's just outside of the craziness but close enough to walk to it if/when you feel you need to get a little wild. The rooms were great. They had a boutique feel and not a hotel feel. The pool could have used more lounge chairs. However, you are right on the beach so go get a little sandy. The hotel has complimentary boogie boards and bikes which was huge for us. It's also directly on the boardwalk. Perfect for a jog or bike ride or people watching. It's on the pricey side but would recommend it over all the other properties we saw, including La Jolla. Do yourself a favor and stay here and visit the other wonderful areas of San Diego.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel, which was the last stop on our 10-day California vacation, in October 2010. We traveled the opposite way most people do, I guess, and started up north in Sacramento and made our way down the coast. Loved the entire trip, but what a beautiful way to end it! The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but the staff could not have been more helpful during check in and our room was spectacular! Nice big room, gorgeous HUGE furniture - 2 beds, big closet and sink/vanity area with an enormous bathroom (oddly laid out with a giant empty space where there should have been another vanity and sink) a large shower and toilet. The balcony overlooked the pool and hot tub and the view of the Pacific was perfect! The hotel is right on the path that runs along the cliffs and is close to the Crystal Pier and lots of restaurants and bars. The hotel had a concierge who was very helpful with directions, maps and advice. The free breakfast was OK - nothing fancy. We loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had a great time, but a little more than I usually would spend for a four night outing.

Room Tip: Stayed on 1st Floor, Excellent Access to the Pool and Still had a view of the ocean. Room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I just got back from a one night stay. I have NEVER been so impressed by the service and staff at any hotel, ever. (Not even the Hotel Del Coronado in SD, which has NOTHING on this hotel except being famous and overpriced). Everyone was so extremely helpful without being insincere. They seem as if they enjoy their jobs:) (Must have a great management team). We found parking when we arrived, unloaded with help and later valet parked. Andrew (staff) delivered our bags to our room and even unloaded a box of capri suns into the fridge. Over and beyond expectations. We requested bed rails and they were delivered within 5 minutes. We loved the room #218. Beautiful furnishings, crown moulding, widescreen tv, ipod dock, etc. We borrowed their bikes and the staff helped us by attaching my trailer to one of the bikes and when we returned he collapsed it and stowed it in my parked car for me. The spa and pool were heated nicely. The only improvement suggestion would be to have a restroom outside or nearer the pool. It was inconvenient to have to go outside of the pool area with my room key, to go inside near the reception desk to the unisex restroom using my key. We were with toddlers so we frequented the restroom a bit. You also need keys to leave property. The outside shower was nice too, nice and as warm or hot as you like. The "Tommy Bahama" toiletries could have been some no frills brand but I brought my own so no big deal (but I did try them). Overall, I would recommend to anyone. Great place. I am so glad I got to experience it and hope to return one day when my budget allows, since it was $400.00 plus a night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank laurlee
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Having never been to San Diego before we wanted to experience the Pacific Beach atmosphere but having spent the first part of our travels in basic accommodation we also wanted some luxury. We chose the Pacific Terrace Hotel for both its luxury and its position and it didn't let us down. When we arrived the check-in was handled swiftly and perfectly and after a long drive south to SD it was so pleasant to be able to walk in and check in so quickly. I needed parking and I used the onsite basement parking, You can unload and put your luggage strait in the lift up to your room.

We had requested a room overlooking the sea and that is exactly what we got with a balcony and seating to enjoy the view. The reception staff were excellent and extremely helpful we used the beach chairs and umbrellas, which you can borrow from reception, a couple of times and nothing was any trouble. The staff all seem to enjoy what they do and are very helpful. We even had animals created from the towels placed on top of the TV unit or on the bed when the room had been cleaned which really was a nice surprise.

It was particularly nice to be able to open the doors of the balcony and hear the waves of the Pacific crashing on the shore while lying in bed. The position of the hotel is perfect, its right on the board walk to Pacific Beach but not in the centre of activity so you are not disturbed in any way as you might be if you were based more directly in the middle of things. Our room was quite small for a family of 4 but we managed fine. The room had a coffee maker and fridge which is great. There was also a 42 inch HD TV which was also great.

There are no restaurants in this hotel but having said that, the breakfast is well done and ample. This means that you have to consider that you have go out and find somewhere to eat every time. This is perhaps the only negative, all the restaurants we sampled in the near vicinity are mediocre at best. You have to go at least three blocks back into SD to find somewhere to have a good meal. Granted there are quite a few restaurants along the Pacific Beach boardwalk but they are not great as it seems that they are quite happy with the passing trade they have and seem to cater for the drinking customer more. The best we found was the Green Flash and they got our order wrong but what we had was OK. The pool is nice, clean and gets sun pretty well all day. We had a great few days here and would recommend this establishment but its quite expensive.

Room Tip: If you request a sea view then make sure you specify the top floor away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family