“just like the sign says, "sleep over the ocean"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Crystal Pier Hotel & Cottages
Ranked #119 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We stayed on a couple of cold blustery nights in March. I loved it! Our little cottage was bright and tidy with all the things you need for a comfortable stay--even binoculars! We had a very private little patio by our suite-type unit with a table, chairs, and lounges. Cushions were even stored neatly in the closet. we were just six miles from home, but I felt a world away. Might make it an annual winter outing.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BarbaraJMC

Reviewed February 20, 2011

The cottages have to be one of the most incredible places I have ever stayed! We were not in out cottage an hour before we started talking about coming back and when. The cottages are neat as a pin and quaint- the perfect beach atmosphere. The kitchen supplied all our needs, and we grilled out on our own patio one night as well. The sound of the ocean being literally underneath you, the view from your cabin- all simply amazing. The location of the pier is perfect as a launching spot for the area but serves as an attraction in itself. Tell me of another place where you can walk a few hundred yards from your room and watch dolphins playing in the ocean! We were so spoiled by the ocean breezes, the sound of the waves, and gentle vibrations that rocked us to sleep that we almost couldn't sleep when we got home in our own beds. This place is a must, pure and simple.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mikrich76
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Crystal Pier is spectacular, very clean and cozy. The view was amazing, watching the sunset was incredible. Wacthing Dolphins swim by in the morning was great. We walked the boardwalk from Pacific Beach down to Ocean beach and relized we made the best choice by staying here than anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RickandRenee
Reviewed February 14, 2011

The unique setting of sleeping in a cottage on a pier was amazing. The sound of the waves crashing was relaxing and put my to sleep instantly (which never happens). The cottages were quaint and very clean. I highly recommend the experience and would return again. It was fun watching the surfers surf from predawn to dusk. THe dolphin pods swam by regularly. The staff is friendly and helpful. We felt safe and secure with the gate at the pier opening.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GJto3
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This place is simply amazing. I have been coming here every summer since I was 3. Every June we stay 4 days. My Grandma, Mom, Husband and kids. Sometimes cousins come in from TX and ATL. This is literally our home away from home, even if it is only four days a year. Staying here is wonderful and relaxing. Access to the beach is a very short walk around the corner of the office. Along with great little shops to stop at along the way. We always rent bikes and ride as far as the bay. The best place to eat is right in front of the hotel. KONO'S has the best coffee and great food. Generous portions too. You can take your food outside where they have tables set up over the beach. Heaven!
I could really go on and on about this place. It is sooo hard to leave when our time is up. But always look forward to the next year, where many memories have been made, and are still in the making. I wish I lived there. So stay at CP and experience heaven!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lrcopp
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Thats the paradise. The Bungalows straight on the Bridge. We loved the place. It was the best spot on our Tour through the States. It isnt a five-star hotel - but it is the most relaxing place on earth. There is a kitchen inside, shower - no bathtub. Privat Balcony... So wonderful. The whole day you listen the waves. No breakfast - but there are some places around. No pool or jacuzzi. This is one of this places we will definitly come back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I stayed here with my family 25 years ago as a child and now I brought my own family with 2 teenage boys. It is PURE relaxation sitting on your generous size deck with the ocean directly underneath you. And that's all you hear - the ocean waves. It's amazing. We live in Phoenix but felt like we were a world away. Our room was 2 bedroom/2 bath and everyone had their space and it never felt cramped. Waking up and watching the dolphins swim by just added to the perfection of the stay. We booked for next year on check-out and we're counting the days.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family