“Cooked To Order”

Ranked #85 of 4,852 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This 21 & Up “grill-your-own” steak lounge is located at the “foot” of San Diego’s Historic Gaslamp Quarter. This is a friendly, casual alternative to expensive, stuffy steak houses.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Fun place. Did not know what to expect. You cook your own steaks on a grill
All sides and salads prepared for you but you cook your own steaks.
Turned out to be easy and fun and a lot less expensive than other Steak Houses
Season your steak and throw it on the grill then go eat your salad for a while then go turn your steak over and finish your salad. Then they bring the sides and bam you are ready to eat.
Beware your Garlic bread/toast does not take very long to cook.

Plus cool video's playing on the TV's and attractive servers too!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'm not a griller, but I am a steak eater. This restaurant is all about the meat and cooking it the way you like it. Fortunately, I had my brother and his wife with me so they did all the grilling. We had a mix of flank steak, t-bone and rib-eyes and they were all superb. A big plus were the sides that were offered with the meals. Try the grilled brussels sprouts and the truffle infused macaroni and cheese. Awesome!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you know how to BBQ come here! Come during Happy Hour. Wine, beer and mixed drinks at $4. Meat is brought chilled (should be at room temp for best results) to your table. Grill your steak and bread while you sip a cold one.

Life should be so good!l

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Fantastic steak and food, very friendly and cheap, a must to visit if in town. Really great experience.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Let me first state that I had to wrap my head around going out for dinner and cooking my own steak. But my wife and I decided to try something different and while we knew it was gimmicky it could be fun.

I can cook a steak. Most people can't. I prefer to season my steak with salt and pepper and a little bit of garlic butter.

It seems that processed and very high sodium seasonings in large shakers are the order of the day there. Everyone is shaking these things over their meat with no clue.

The problem with this is that the grill gets covered in seasonings and burnt bits and never gets brushed off. I cooked my steak at 9pm and the outside of my steak was so bitter it was almost inedible. It picked up the flavours of the grill. So bad. Meat was decent quality. I cooked it to perfect rare and it was not good. The grill should be scraped regularly.

Let's not talk about the garlic bread that has zero chance of toasting considering how uneven the heat and flames were on the grill. Not to mention the char that stuck to the bread. Or the house salad with wilted lettuce and a bland dressing.

Sides were ok. Nothing life changing.

Atmosphere was fun. Server was nice. Looks like a pretty social way to dine. But I pity the 99% of people that f up their steaks in there.
Don't go.

Been to Gaslamp Strip Club? Share your experiences!