“Throw Back Feeling”

Ranked #91 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This 21 & Up “grill-your-own” steak lounge is located at the “foot” of San Diego’s Historic Gaslamp Quarter. This is a friendly, casual alternative to expensive, stuffy steak houses.
Port Hueneme, California, United States
“Throw Back Feeling”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went in for drinks because we liked the atmosphere...black leather booths dark wood and inviting bar. I finally figured out that people were cooking their own steaks...would not be my thing, but a great man bonding event!

• Visited February 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“The Strip Club”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

They are serving up aged steak dinners for the price hamburgers here. The catch is that this is one of those places where you cook your own dinner. Even if you are only an average hand at barbequing you will be able to cook yourself up a steak that is absolutely unbelievable. There are guidelines posted at each grilling station and if your really stuck the wait staff seems to be very helpful. This place was so good that I went back a second time.

The first night I had the Bone-In Ribeye which comes along with a huge salad and 3 big slices of Texas Toast that you cook yourself too (watch the toast carefully 15-20 seconds per side) Total bill: $20.00

The next night we went back and I had the 20 oz Porterhouse Steak. Just as good but so much larger that I could barely finish it.

Would I ever go back? There are two answers to that question:

1. Yes.

2. Hell Yes!!

P.S. They do sell their seasonings. In the event that you have a new server or something that tells you no, just ask for a manager.

Visited February 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“No, not that kind of strip place! Damn!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

So I have been to cook your own steak places before and thought they are always a good value. Usually get much more steak for the price. Here my bone in ribeye looked about what I could get at our local supermarket. So that is why the average rating. The good parts of the meal was the salad and great mac and cheese. The jalapeno corn was also excellent. So don't avoid the place but don't expect top notch steak.

• Visited February 2014
Indianapolis, IN
“Best steak in town”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I can only say good things about this place. It is a restaurant where you get to grill your own steak. I started dinner with a Sugar Momma martini that was so good I had two. For appetizers we had calamari and truffle fries, both were amazing. We had the macaroni and cheese with lobster and New York Strip for dinner. The meal was absolutely amazing. We have already made plans to go back next time we are in town.

Visited February 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Cook your own food novel, but just ok.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Very active location, with lots to see. Of course that includes the waitresses that dress like strippers. "Strip club" concept, get it? The concept is to order sides, and then your meat is delivered for you to grill yourself. Unfortunately the meat was pre-marinaded, and many people were nearly ruining their dinner not knowing how to grill it properly. Timing the sides and the meat is also a bit tricky if your server goes missing. For the price, I don't want my cut of meat masked by a marinade, nor is working with an unfamiliar grill very much fun either. You're much better off having someone do the cooking for you and getting a professional 500F char on the cut. The Strip Club takes the Hooters concept, and adds cook your own steaks. I'll pass next time, unless you don't go to Hooters just for the food.

Visited December 2013