“Yes, it really is a grill-your-own-steak joint!”
Review of Gaslamp Strip Club

Gaslamp Strip Club
Ranked #103 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This 21 & Up “grill-your-own” steak lounge is located at the “foot” of San Diego’s Historic Gaslamp Quarter. This is a friendly, casual alternative to expensive, stuffy steak houses.
Amarillo, Texas
“Yes, it really is a grill-your-own-steak joint!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had an excellent dinner here a few nights ago and were able to take advantage of their (since ended) 10-year anniversary pricing. For $20.14/each we received a 4-course meal including a large salad, one entree from their extensive steak/chicken/seafood menu, a huge side, and dessert. I chose the caesar salad, their famous guinness-marinated top sirloin, white truffle mac & cheese, and a slice of New York cheesecake. My friend ordered the yummy house salad, a delicious New York strip steak, the bacon and brussels sprouts, and a layered heavenly chocolate dessert. We also enjoyed a couple of delicious martinis (the "Dirty Bird," with its bleu-cheese-stuffed olives, was probably the best dirty martini I've ever had). It was a fun experience combined with good food and friendly service. I would definitely go back if I had the chance!

Visited January 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Strip as in steak not strippers”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife looked this spot up while we were on vacation.I was intrigued by the cooking of your steak( you can add your dry seasoning too) .Needless to say I ordered the biggest steak on the menu .Overall the food was pretty good the au gratin potatoes were off the chain,spinach was ok ,mac and cheese was pretty good .The menu was moderately priced and the atmosphere was loud but not out of control. But I have to say I ll definitely go back when I visit

• Visited January 2014
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Good steaks, reasonably priced - YOU cook them!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

You select your beef, chicken, etc., and you season then cook your own steak. I had the filet and it was $23 and excellent, not the $40+ prices around town. The secret for me was asking for cooking oil, so when it is poured over the steak there is a nice flame to charcoal the meat into a Pittsburgh steak. Salad was also very large. No wait to get in. It wasn't gourmet, nor a gourmet atmosphere, but if you get a bad steak, you only have yourself to blame. It has NOTHING to do with being a strip joint, (unless there is a back room I didn't know about)!

• Visited December 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not a Strip Joint - It's a Steak House - and a GOOD ONE”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Strip steak - get it? lol It's a really nice restaurant with awesome food that you cook yourself on a super hot grille (there are several to use.) We went with a group of 15, and the service was awesome, the food was amazing, and the steaks were, to a man, raved about. It was a great, fun way to enjoy an evening. I will definitely be returning on my next visit!

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic value and good quality”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't be put off by the seedy name, this is a secret gem.
There is only one caveat- you grill your own steak. Personally I loved this but if you are looking to sit down and chill and this isn't for you then it may be best to avoid.
That aside,the food was excellent quality, portions were generous, service was great and a substantial meal for two hungry guys came to less than half of what I'd have expected to pay at another steakhouse. Was very impressed

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dan A

Been to Gaslamp Strip Club? Share your experiences!