“Best Breakfast Burrito's in SD!!!”
Review of Nico's Taco Shop

Nico's Taco Shop
Ranked #3,022 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
San Diego, California, United States
“Best Breakfast Burrito's in SD!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

When I lived in San Diego I would eat here every weekend and if a friend or family member came to visit me I would take them there...I'm sure all the food there is good but I really like the bacon breakfast burrito...The Bomb!! I say if your in town and you want a quick bite to eat for cheap this is the place...Hands down...

• Visited March 2012

Boise, Idaho
“Home of the Best Carne Asada Burrito on the Planet”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I drive to San Diego approximately once a month, and as I am plotting my journey, I always schedule a stop at Nico's Taco Shop to buy some burritos and bring them home with me.

In my opinion, Nico's makes the PERFECT carne asada burrito. They use high-quality beef that is trimmed of all fat. The burrito consists of beef, guacamole, and pico de gallo. They do not stuff their burritos with empty fillers such as rice and beans. The burrito is great with sour cream added to it.

The tacos are, of course, also wonderful. My niece is addicted to their rolled tacos (which she insists are the best that she has ever had). Their salsa is pre-poured into mini containers, and so you avoid the traditional unsanitary salsa bar that one sees at many inexpensive Mexican restaurants. (You are welcome to grab as many of the little mini containers as you like.)

The food is inexpensive.... but make sure to bring cash with you, because they do not accept credit cards.

• Visited July 2012
San Diego, California, United States
“The best of the best”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My time at the famous Nico’s tacos is legendary. When I ordered two tacos I couldn’t wait to shove my face into that taco. It had the best meet in town, hand sliced cheese, and fresh lettuce. I loved it so much, it was the best taco of my life. When we were there we thought for sure that it was amazing but you don’t know until you taste them.

• Visited July 2012
Longmont, Colorado, United States
“Best Burrito on the planet”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Order the Carne Asada burrito with sour cream. I have converted about 20 people who visit San Diego to try this burrito. Their menu is overwhelming, but I have been eating here for 25 years, so trust me. I fly to San Diego about twice a year just to get this burrito. It is truely amazing. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2011
Phoenix, AZ
“Huge portions of rock-solid fare”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I worked a few doors down a few years back and used to look forward to lunch and their fabulous chicken burritos. I later came to appreciate their hearty breakfast eggs
(I order huevos rancheros, but I like mine non-traditionally scrambled.) They arrive quickly, fresh to order with a foil-wrapped stack of steaming hot tortillas. Heaven.

My half-Latina girlfriend swears by their frijoles as being authentic, just like her mom from the old country used to make. We still debate on whether their green or red salsa is better.

Not fancy, but who EATS ambiance? At Nico's you can sink your teeth into massive portions at very reasonable prices.