“It was okay for a night.” 3 of 5 stars

Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA CA 92106   |
Ranked #183 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Charleston, South Carolina
“It was okay for a night.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Don't come here if you're put off by outdated and worn carpets, drapes and bedding. This place is kind of a dump. On the upside, it's in a safe area, has covered parking under the building, and was quiet. The next nicest hotel in the area was $20 more per night and we just needed a place to rest our heads before we headed out to the airport the next day. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but we had no trouble sleeping. The hotel is on a busy road but once the traffic calmed down in the evening it was quiet and didn't disturb my sleep. I rated it average for the value I got compared to the money I paid for the room. I found a discounted price on Priceline.com, then called and asked the manager if I could have the Priceline.com from them directly. I saved $15 by going that route.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 86flowergirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a stinky hotel. from the minute you step into the lobby to the time you leave. It either smells like cigarettes or Indian food or farts in the elevator. The rooms are dated, they are broken down and the beds are hard as a rock. The towels are tiny but they do however supply you with ketchup packets of shampoo and conditioner. The wifi is almost non-existent and the free breakfast is day old costco pastry. The upside is, it is in Point Loma, a couple blocks from the harbor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank LaurieGearhart
Central Arizona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Granted it's not the marriot but its also no pay by the hour motel. I am from Arizona and work in the resort industry, and I loved it! The location can't be beat and the rooms wile not the most modern are comfortable and do the job. After all I booked this hotel with the intention of not spending a lot of time in it. The parking gradge offered a safe plase for me to leave my car, and I felt comfortable to walk around the neighborhood at any time of day. I enjoied drinking my complimentary coffie with my sub way sandwich (store is within walking distance of the hotel) on the communal balcony every morning. As a report employee I would happily stay here for another 10 nights anytime. The staff are wonderful and just as a side note there is a farmers market every Sunday that is just splendid. All I have to say to you is stop reading and book it already!!

1 Thank Nick W
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I booked this hotel online with a car and boy do I regret it. Looking at the pictures online, you would not think this place was such a dump! I immediately walked into smelling an Indian market. They were still using paper to complete the hotel forms! I had a 3rd floor room with view of the "courtyard". So basically i could see all the hotel family members going back and forth to their rooms.

It is close to things which was great. I needed that because i only stayed one night and im sure thats all I could stomach. The redeeming quality to this hotel is that the owners and family are all really nice, BUT thats not worth wondering if you're contracting a disease while you sleep. Slept fully clothed and still barely slept a wink.

If you can do better, please do!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tequila82
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I walked in to a tiny and extremely dirty lobby, that reeked of curry. Every time I stay at an Indian owned facility, I notice they seem to actually take pride in filth.

The room size was adequate with bright walls, which made it kind of cheerful. Hard mattress, box spring is torn to shreds, stained quilt, nasty stained chair, no coffee pot (spring for a Mr. Coffee Junior wouldja!) old lamps, broken fridge (looks like they took their furniture from a dumpster), however, the carpet looks to be new. Mold around the shower faucet and shower head. Weak water pressure. I invested in my own pillow and a can of disinfectant. It should be about $40 a night, maximum, not $62. I don't stay in the room very much, as I'm always out and about in such a great location. Their wifi connection didn't work, but I connected to someone else's and it's strong, so I didn't bother to mention it to them.

The personnel is fairly sweet, and that is a plus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kimberly B
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I can't say for sure if I was bitten by bugs on the bed, but the carpet and room smelled old and mould and the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros: in parking expensive city like San Diego, the free parking us a godsend

Look for some place else if you have a choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yunen
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. When first checking in, we were greeted by the owner, Dan and he immediately made us feel welcome. He had some larger rooms that were available for our stay and upgraded us to a larger one.
Room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Bay, Shelter Island was just a couple blocks away and the downtown city lights were a fantastic view from the large common patio/balcony on each floor!
Dan was very helpful recommending places to go with regard to what we were interested in.
There is a liquor/grocery store right across the street as well as the Harbor Pub next to it. Plenty of breakfast cafes or restaurants to walk to in the morning.
I would definitely stay here again. The place was recommended to me by a friend of mine who lives in the SD area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends