“Excellent location, value and service.”

Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #180 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here to catch a flight early in the morning. We were able to leave our car at the hotel and the owner drove us to and from the airport! It was extremely efficient and convenient.

Location is fantastic. There are some wonderful restaurants within short walking distance. Plus it is five minutes to the airport.

The rooms are old but clean. But everything worked and it was a nice size. A microwave and refrigerator were also in the room.

The price was great! We were able to spend the night, leave our car for 5 days and get shuttled to and from the airport for less than the price of one night at Holiday Inn express.

Overall a great value.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mtbbikers
There are newer reviews for Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I wasnt sure what to expect as there were a few negative reviews, but i found the staff very friendly. When we arrived, it was late and dan, the manager stayed up to welcome us in and was most welcoming - epsecially after a horribly long bus trip! he was a wealth of knowledge of the area, as was his daughter, who was manning the office in the morning. this family run business has the personal touch - and is well priced too. sure, it doesnt have hair dryers etc, and quite old furnishings, but is a bargain for the price and clean and comfy - great bed, nice and firm, i travel alot, and of the last 3 hotels i have stayed at, that were all francieses, didnt compare with the hospitaliy here, and that goes a long wayin my eyes! - it was like a home away from home - will definately be back!! - Deborah

Room Tip: stay on 4th floor, has great view of san diego and harbour, which is 10 minutes walk away!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank deborah911
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The service was good. Granted we woke the guy up at 1:30 for a room he almost just about scratched his lower area in front of us while waking up to check us in. Parking is awful!! I'm not sure that the walls even count as walls. I bet if you numbed one they'd all down or you'd fall through! And the bed was totally horriable. I could have slept on the floor for the same amount of comfort. And if anyone sneezes you can hear it through the walls! AND for being one of the higher priced places with all this!!! They should really lower their prices so you can get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank AWHenderson
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I only booked here because it was still cheaper than in other hotels in San Diego, it's just ok, nothing fancy and even and the price doesn't match what you get, the whole bulding and the rooms are quite run-down. On the other hand, there are a microwave and a fridge in the room, the bed is comfy, service is good and the room was clean.

A few bad notes, the room had a faint smell, the parking is extremely narrow, we parked in the open parking lot on the side of the hotel and the morning after we found a flat tire, we asked a young man at the reception if he could tell us of repair store nearby, but he just didn't seem to know what we were talking about, we gave up.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank f64CM
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I love this little hidden find, across the street from beautiful Shelter Island. The place is family-owned and I discovered the property quite by accident, several years ago. I have continued to visit ever since. Contrary to some of the previous 'negatives', I would like to highlight the positives only; the biggest being - QUIET & no families w/ noisey, little kids running loose, infants squealing or otherwise causing a disturbance! That unto itself, is worth the price of admission. As a frequent Traveller, it is next to IMpossible, to locate 'modestly-priced' hotels, where families w/ small kids do not dominate. I think it is because the bed situation at the Cabrillo is not conduscive to other than Couple or Singles (no twins). I appreciate this feature and makes my stays so much more enjoyable for the peace of mind. Add to that, the beds (mattresses) are wonderful @ this place!! Firm - if you have Orthopedic issues. Also, the views from the top floor deck are priceless of the S.D. Bay and main port of entry; many times you can look out and see Cruise-liners leaving or coming back in - not to mention all the Navy ship activity. A true boat-enthusiast's dream!! Prices very reasonable during the week and everything is w/in walking-distance to the main Village, a plethora of interesting restaurants, and of course, Shelter Island. I recommend the place very highly. I like to take the good with the bad - and there is definately more 'good' here to be experienced....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NewportBeachWords
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The owners were nice enough when booking the reservation. However, we needed to sleep becasue we'd had a long day and were going to have to catch an early flight the next morning.
The walls were paper-thin and we could hear our neighbours as though they were in our room.

As we were turning in, there was a huge clamour in the hall--there were several rooms checking in and making tons of noise--they meant well the rooms have no sound-proofing. I asked to owners to be moved to another room. They said there were no other rooms. I then asked for a refund as we needed to be able to sleep. The said "no refund" and became nasty. I wasn't impressed. We left, found another quiet room and on our return home, disputed our credit charge which we won and received ourt refund. I mentioned to the owners of Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport that I'd make sure others would avoid this situation by writing this review, so here you go: if you need a quiet room, AVOID THIS ESTABLISHMENT.
Helmut

Room Tip: Don't patronize this establishment if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Helmut K
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This inn has a very pleasant staff! Especially, the manager, Dan, was most accomodating. I recommend this inn, if you want a good price and to be close to Shelter Island. It's walking distance to almost anything you need, and near bars/restaurants, where the locals frequent. I stay in the area, often, and give this Inn 5 stars, for the location, value and hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business