“Friendly and Secure”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mission Bay RV Resort
Ranked #186 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Mission Beach has a great location right on the bay and close to Mission Bay Park. The park is clean with good security in place. Grab your bikes and go for a nice ride in Mission Bay Park. Close to I-5 so makes getting around easy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raroboy
There are newer reviews for Mission Bay RV Resort

Reviewed May 2, 2014

The title sums it up. Located right off of the I-5 Freeway it is easy to get to everywhere. I read a bunch of reviews and expected to hate this place, but in the end, it just left me a little flat. We stayed in space 52 which had a great view of the Bay, but we were facing the wrong way to see it. The place was tight; apparently some evil architect was ordered to squeeze as many units into this parking lot as humanly possible. The laundry room was ridiculously small; only plan on folding hankies and panties in that place. We were traveling in a 40 foot RV (The intrepid Berkie) and were parked next to a beautiful and massive Newell RV. In order to attend to some of the ignoble necessities of RV'ing, I had to stand within inches of our neighbor's picnic table and make small talk while donning rubber gloves to relieve our RV. It made for awkward dinner conversation. The wifi was poor, the staff was aloof, and the maintenance on the park was below par. An acceptable base station if you don't plan to linger too long a "B-" at best.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank sbkhenders0n
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We go here about 1-2 times a year we go here if we can't squeeze into Campland... I perfer this park myself my family prefers Campland. There isn't a lot to do here for kids it's more for retired folks and adults without young kids. There's their bay infront and that's about it. Other then bike rides or heading to the beach.. I enjoy it because it's quieter and a nicer crowd here. Slower passed. And now there's the bridge they have that connects both parks so you don't have to travel the streets anymore that's real nice. Showers and laundry rooms are much nicer here as well and the best part to me is the price it's more affordable then Campland!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank sanglin
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our family stays here for Christmas and we always love it. It is beautiful and the bay is gorgeous. There is also fantastic birding at this location and in the bay, if you are into that. The location is ok, depending on where you want to go.

Room Tip: Get a spot on the bay!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RangerHannieBee
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Even tho it is a big paved lot...We still come here once a month from Arizona. The location can't be
Beat and the proximity to EVERYTHING is wonderful. Great bike paths right to the ocean! May not be the best for families, tho i see plenty of kids on bikes...it is perfect for couples. Check out the bayside sites and the sunsets!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed for 2 months, mid November to mid January as a solo traveler in a 27 foot trailer. I compared this one with other closeby resorts and this is the best one, in my opinion, for the Mission Bay location. Right out the locked back gate is a biking and walking trail that is right on the Bay where just gorgeous sunsets happen almost daily. You can walk or bike over to the Mission Bay trails in a few minutes, trails that can go 15 miles or so. Grocers and fast foods only a few miles uphill and you are close to other sights. The rv sites are wider than most other campgrounds nearby and there are some grassy areas on the ends of park and some behind the trailers. Restrooms are old but kept clean. Laundry rooms are older and small for size of resort but have newer machines and are kept clean.During the Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays it is almost completely filled so book early. The resort policy is that you must leave for at least 1 day every 30 days. This is inconvenient but the neighboring large resort requires 3 days out before a return. A big plus is the security team that seems on the ball with frequent drive through checks. They are very friendly also. This is a fairly quiet campground. The staff are fine and try to accommodate. I was personally assisted backing in, and assisted backing up to my hitch since I am a solo traveler. That was appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank montanalover999
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Okay, so this isn't a "kid's camp" resort but it suits us retirees to a tee! The spots are paved but there is a little strip of grass behind the units. We like the location, the security and the cleanliness. I will admit that the laundry room I was in was pretty tight - there were three of us trying to do laundry and we couldn't all fit in at once but we did get to know one another! The front office staff were very helpful and professional. The prices are reasonable. We have stayed here twice and both times the staff helped us get a spot deep in the park, furthest away from the traffic on I-5 and this meant little noise at night. While there are no fire rings at the sites, you can rent one and have a contained fire. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask to get further into the park for less noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family