“Loooooove this place!”
Review of Vintage Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Vintage Sol
Ranked #13 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2009

My husband and I had an aaaaamazing stay at Vintage Sol. I would recommend it to anyone. Accommodations were excellent, breakfast was spectacular and hosts were memorable.

The neighborhood/ location was also great. On our stay, we went for morning runs in Balboa park, walked to Starbucks for coffee, walked to restaurants in the evenings, and browsed local shops during the afternoons.

Thanks to Paisley for making our stay in San Diego memorable.

M & T

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank MKapper

Reviewed December 28, 2008

Pay attention to the warnings on the website -- this is a tiny room. It is best for one person or two people who can deal with being very cozy. But this really takes nothing away from the charm, comfort, and beauty of this gem of a place.

It is so relaxing to sit in the garden patio with one of the many very interesting and unusual books provided, all the while listening the the gentle chatter of Corizon and Milagro as they discuss the seed in their dish or some interesting leaf that has blown into their cage -- prime building material for a nest?

We've not had a finer breakfast at any B&B we've ever stayed at than those provided by Paisley. Not only are they delicious, but they are works of art! The chilaquillas are the very best I've ever had (and I've eaten chillaquillas all over the southwest and Mexico).

The location is a bit off the beaten track compared to other B&B's in San Diego, but it is convenient to the 805 freeway and many good restaurants on University and on 30th Street -- all within a mile or so.

In summary, I will return any time I am in San Diego by myself, but probably not with my wife (a little too cozy for her taste).

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank bensonmum
Reviewed November 15, 2008

A truley unique Bed and Breakfast, Your own private little cottage with kitchen, fabulous bed and the most unique artys decor. The breakfast ,provided by the owner Paisley, is gourmet and served with a loving and artful hand. It is small, perfect for a couple. No bath, just a shower. A beautiful patio with fountain, bar-b-q and delightful garden art . This is located in a neighborhood that is unique in its own right, with easy walking access to shops, and cafes, As a female traveling alone, I had no concerns walking at night . You also are centrally located to all of San Diego's attractions. Paisley gives you info on everything with directions. I really look forward to returning to this little oasis.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank KaarFtLauderdale
Reviewed November 10, 2008

If you're traveling to a new area and don't have anyone to rely on to give you recommendations about where to stay, where to eat, or what to do and you're left to search out a place on the internet or in a travel book, you still don't know for sure what you're going to get.

Vintage Sol was beautiful and just perfect for my recent 5 night stay in San Diego. Bummer for me that I was there at the end of October (past growing season for some of the garden's fruits and vegetables which Paisley offered to let me try), but the weather was still really warm so that I could sit out in the private garden area and have a drink at night.

Paisley (the owner) was gracious, accommodating and full of recommendations without being intrusive. Breakfast was extremely tasty. The bed, sheets and pillows really comfortable (full-sized to fit into the living space). The space clean. The neighborhood was quiet with restaurants and the highway nearby.

The website for Vintage Sol (www.vintagesol.com) has great photos of the cottage and garden, provides photos of some breakfast options (the food alone makes it absolutely worth staying there) and has many links to restaurants, history and neighborhood goings-on. The gardens I think are more filled-in now than when the website photos were taken making the area feel more rich, cozy and relaxing.

I was glad that there were no animals allowed in the cottage (allergies) and that there were some kitchen amenities available (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker). When I was there, I had the option of using the gas grill with some limitations (ask....).

If I can swing another trip to San Diego, I will definately check here first for availability. Thank you, Paisley....!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank diegomcg
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Vintage Sol is a delightful secret little gem, the perfect cozy hide-away for two. My boyfriend & I were curious when we came across their website and decided to take a chance on a four night stay. We were thrilled that it is everything it promises to be - the casita is filled with colorful personalized touches, intimate, quiet, comfy, private & peaceful. The bed was topped with puffy down pillows and comforter with soft cotton sheets, ahhh. We woke to the sun streaming in through the french door entrance, and fabulous breakfasts brought to us - the spicy eggs benedict surrounded by fresh figs, berries and plumeria flowers from the yard was my favorite. Each morning we sat at our little casita table and marveled at our good fortune while we tried to finish our generously portioned breakfast and sipped the coffee we made in our little kitchenette. The casita is fully stocked with everything they anticipate you might need, from coffee beans & grinder to a room air conditioner for when it gets steamy. And if it's privacy you crave, this is the place. You are the only guests and with the exception of your breakfast delivery, you are left to enjoy your stay in peaceful tranquility - I napped in the afternoons, the breeze and sound of the courtyard fountains and finches wafting into the casita while I blissfully dozed. Vintage Sol is truly a hidden little gem we look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cougaracia
Reviewed August 29, 2008

My boyfriend and I love B&Bs. He had to visit San Diego for a conference on his 40th B. Day. We were disappointed. So, I wanted for him to stay somewhere cozy and that he would love. He loves Mexican art and anything that resembles it. I knew he would love Vintage Sol. To top it off they offer a birthday celebration package. So, the love of my life had his own lovely personal birthday celebration with decorations, shrimp cocktail and some sweet chocolate (his major weakness). Paisley (owner) was awesome and printed and delivered a personal message from us. It was perfect and I won huge points. He enjoyed very much his stay, and also loved, loved and loved the food. Paisley is very much service oriented, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2008

My husband and I just got back from a trip to San Diego where we stayed at Vintage Sol. We both LOVED this B&B!!!

The best part of the stay was most definitely the owner. She goes above and beyond to make your stay not just comfortable, but unique, without ever invading the space. You get full use of a large and beautiful patio area, which has lovely fountains and plants. In the morning, she set out juice and tea, shortly followed by a huge and gourmet breakfast (we had Eggs Benedict with grilled fruit one morning and enchiladas with watermelon and eggs the next). Food was delicious and also beautiful.

The ambiance of this place is completely cool. Very artsy- there is so much stuff to look at, but is at the same time clean and comfortable- never overwhelming. The casita is fully stocked with everything you need- very well organized! It has a lovely little kitchen, cute bath, and comfy bed. Again, the decor is fantastic. They have put together several binders describing places to visit in San Diego (food, shops, sites) with maps and directions. She suggested several eateries and shops that were fantastic!

The most memorable part of our stay was on our last night. When we returned to the B&B, she had put out margaritas with chips and salsa and a personalized note. Sitting on the patio under the stars and sipping our drinks while listening to the trickling fountain was very romantic. We can't wait to stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family