“Great bang for the buck”

Tajima Japanese Restaurant #2
Ranked #1,163 of 4,931 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This place was a huge surprise, it has great atmosphere great prices, the service was top notch with a fast and intelligent server and it has a great menu selection. If you are close and looking for a casual place to have good japanese food I highly recomend it.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Yep, the real thing. My mother in law said so! I wouldn't know "real" Japanese from not - but my mother in law is 100% Japanese and she does! We had a fabulous lunch here. Extensive menu with lots of "small" things to order. The lunch special was a bargain - $6.95 for teriyaki chicken, shrimp tempura, rice, soup and salad. My hubby also tried the asparagus/bacon on a stick (yakitori) and it was yummy! And the garlic edamame was so good! My sister in law ordered something that I can't pronounce or spell - a veggie pancake thing with toppings and a sunny side up egg. She loved it. We will definitely be back! Great food, good value. And a casual atmosphere. Very nice!

1  Thank darmenta1230
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great waitresses here. Love the service and the food. Not too pricey and fun place to eat.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have been to Tajima for a few times, their oyster and nabeyaki udon were really great offered at a reasonable price. must try!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Service is hit or miss. Food is solid.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook