“Mediocre accommodations at the lodge”

Carlton Oaks Country Club
Ranked #135 of 274 Outdoor Activities in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: This challenging Perry Dye-designed golf course measures 7,088 yards featuring meandering streams, mature trees, undulating landscape and peninsula tie greens.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mediocre accommodations at the lodge”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If it wasn't for the view out my lodge room door, I wouldn't have been very impressed, but they are in the middle of a remodel. I was originally booked for one of the two newly-remodeled rooms, but they had lost every reservation for two months which included my own. I ended up in an older room with a golf course view. It was okay. The sunrise in the morning made it all worth it, though.

Visited October 2012

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Slow play, typical Pete Dye”
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Once again I am reminded why I dont like Pete Dye layouts. He forces specific shots and over penalizes errand shots. All the fairway bunkers have trees in front of them so there is no chance to recover. Extremely slow play, 4 1/2 to 5 hour pace of play. Five to ten minutes between each shot and not a Marshall in sight. Greens were slow and shaggy. Fairways were acceptable. Not even worth the discounted price we payed. There many better tracks to play.