“Excellent Mexican Tacos”

Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
San Diego, California
“Excellent Mexican Tacos”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

It is a very good place to eat tacos mainly in California. They use to serve you in plastic dishes and you had to use plastic silverware, like a typical fast food place.
A short time ago they were bought by an american food chain ($80 million), and they have been able to keep their quality and to add several new options in the menu.
An important change: No more plastic. They are trying to make you feel that you are in a fast food restaurant no more.
I like that as long that their quality and prices stay the same.

san diego
“always outstanding”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

always delicious, tasty, friendly and quick. my favorite mexican fast food place, bar none. the chicken baja burrito is my personal favorite, but i've never had anything that wasn't delicous. it's the staple of my dining experience every time i visit southern california. not to be missed!!

Drumheller, Canada
“Fashion Valley Rubios's top notch.”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I ate at the Rubios at Fashion Valley Mall. I was so impressed I ate two more meals there.
I had never heard of fish tacos so tried two kinds initially and loved them. One meal I had soup, and a black bean salad. Delicious! Third meal I had an Orange, Chipolte, Shrimp salad. It was a great choice.
I was impressed even though it was a food court, servers were very courteous and freindly. One server even remembered I had been there previously.
As Canadian, I was impressed with how every item on the menu had a calorie rating so was able to gage myself accordingly. I wish I had decent mexican food up here. For sure I will be trying to experiment and create my own.
Also loved the salsa bar. Again wish I could find the pickled peppers and carrots here.

San Diego, CA
“Pretty Good and Good for you”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This place is known for the fish tacos, but personally I love the salads and street tacos. You can get carne asada, chicken or steak... all very yummy. So don't think that all you can get are fish tacos. Salsa bar is fantastic. Service is always very good. They usually have a special going so be sure to check it out.

• Visited June 2012
Windsor, Colorado
“Great fish tacos”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Locally grown company for fish tacos. There is the traditional batter fried fish and now salmon and ono non-fried varieties.
Always cooked fresh. May take a little bit longer but well worth the wait.

Visited June 2012

Been to Rubio's? Share your experiences!