“Thought it would be better.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #616 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Camel Valley Road
Needles CA
“Thought it would be better.”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This did not live up to other Ruth's Chris experiences. Very disappointed in a so so dinner. Service was okay, steak was gristly, sent it back, replacement was better. Brought my own wine so no problem there. The cauliflower au gratin, and the lobster appetizer were fabulous. Anniversary touches for dinner companions were nice and anniversary desert was very good as well. Will not return to this location. Don't judge Roth's Chris by this location, I have had fabulous meals at other locations.

• Visited March 2014

San Diego
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Three of us went for the happy hour at the bar. it is a small bar and we had to wait about half an hour for a table. However, the staff was very pleasant and the mood was good. Once seated, we had a great time. The happy hour food prices are great, as are the drink prices. All in all, we had a great evening.

Visited March 2014
La Jolla, California
“Great happy hour😀”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful drinks and sturdy food, most for $7. 4:30-6:30 M-F. Steak sandwich and crab BLT are out of this world.

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Deserves ZERO stars”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is my rating based on our horrible experience at Ruth's Chris Del Mar on Saturday, February 15, 2014.

Last night at Ruth's Chris Del Mar my husband was having a discussion with the Assistant Manager about military discounts and how the corporate policy is to not offer a discount to military. We get it, not all companies value veterans. He did offer us a free dessert. But then the conversation went horribly wrong when he said to my husband, "You have two arms, two legs and two feet." I saw my husband completely shut down so I took action. I declined dessert. I told the AM that my husband has served for 20 years, deployed 13 times and is a 3-time Iraqi War veteran. He may have two arms, two legs, and two feet, but he knows many that do not.

What the AM said and the way he acted is inexcusable. My husband and I are disgusted and will never set foot in another Ruth's Chris again. We urge everyone that supports our military service members, active or retired, to not dine at any Ruth's Chris. I will be writing a letter to the company and asking them to formally apologize to my husband and to donate the amount we paid for dinner (approx $200 which included a $50 gift card and tip), to the Wounded Warriors Project.

We refused dessert and I paid the bill in full. Unfortunately the AMs actions caused a scene in a very busy restaurant. The GM Bobby called us on the phone after we left to apologize and my husband spoke to him for a while. This in no way redeems the experience we had and how the company manages their restaurants. I do not want any gift cards as an apology. Instead the company should work more diligently on training and maybe they should show their support for the brave men and women than sacrifice their lives everyday to keep us safe. While my husband goes to war to keep us safe, this company finds it funny to comment on his physical appearance downplaying the sacrifices he's made, dismissing the numerous airmen he's lost or have been wounded. Shame on you Ruth's Chris.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank MandaSanders
Scottsdale, Arizona
“High Priced Yet Underwhelmed”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great location near the San Diego Harbor. We anticipated excellent food and service based on Ruth Chris Steak House marketing and endorsements. Every item on the menu is a la cart and expensive. I ordered a shrimp entree. The shrimp was raw. After it came back uncooked a second time the server told us that's how Ruth's serves it. I felt like I was eating bait. The server asked me to try it for the third time at which point I refused. My husband said his steak was "ok". We shared a spinach appetizer and a potato appetizer. Both were underwhelming. Oh by the way, no compensation for the disappointing meal. Never again!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Shelly M

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!