“Funky, Good Food and Fun”
Review of OB Noodle House

OB Noodle House
Ranked #202 of 4,834 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My friend and I visited San Diego for three days. I had a list of restaurants for us to try including this one that I saw on DDD. It did not disappoint. We got there a bit late due to late return from a sailing trip so there was a waiting list but were able to be seated outside next to the propane heaters on a chilly night. It is pretty noisy inside the small restaurant. Only disadvantage was not being able to order alcoholic drinks outside but we had had plenty on our sail trip so no problem there. They have an innovative way to put you on a waiting list; you give them your cell number and then you get a text to notify you of a table ready or to check your place on the wait list.

The Sizzling Fish dish was very tasty although small if you were very hungry. The Asian Salad and Pho were very good. Service was rated as very good, particularly given how crowded they were during our visit.

This is a very popular place so best to go slightly off the peak hours if you want less hassle with crowds or waiting list, but no matter when you visit you will have a good experience. The sidewalk tables are highly recommended if you are not drinking, have a sunny day or warm evening and you like people watching.

There are newer reviews for OB Noodle House

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this place-but not the wait.The wings are so good some of the best I have had(and I have had a lot).The house special fried rice is also super tasty.And if you are a beer person this is a great option they have a great selection(it veers toward belgium style it seems).All in all good service, great food- I highly recommend and i go often :)

note: limited outdoor seating incase you have a dog :)

prices: we split wings and house special fried rice, each were about 12 bucks-we left full :)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went here on vacation. The place is small so be ready to wait but it's so worth it. I had the crispy noodles. They were awesome! Everything we had was great. The food came out quick and the service was good. Great place to go to in OB!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you plan ahead, don't let the line deter you. Put your name in with the hostess and go to one of the bars near by for a drink before hand (Mothers, Lucys and the Tilted Stick are the closest, Wonderland has craft cocktails and a great view. This is helpful anyway because Noodle does not have a full bar. The Pho is a favorite (vegetarian options available) and the sizzling fish is fun, juicy and flavorful. For apps, tiger shrimp and lettuce wraps are great. Happy Hour has good specials and TVs are good for sports as long as you don't need to hear them. It's loud and fun for groups. I wouldn't recommend it for a first date!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Saw this place like a lot of others on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. Never paid much attention to it before, but because of the show we decided it give it a try. It was so good we went twice in the week that we were in San Diego! We had the wings & pho both times. They were both DELICIOUS!! It was very busy both times we went, but they have a great system with taking your # & texting you once a table was ready (cool idea) Staff were great & very pleasant considering how busy it is all the time. Kudos to them! Great prices. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank thewandererone