“Limited But Good Selection Of Food And Beer”
Review of The Ritual Tavern

The Ritual Tavern
Ranked #2,638 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: European
San Diego, California
“Limited But Good Selection Of Food And Beer”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Ritual Tavern has a very good selection of beer and much better than average food for a "bar" type eatery. We enjoyed everything on their limited but unique menu. Especially enjoyed the house made sauces.

• Visited November 2012

“My favorite local bar in San Diego!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Great little bar with outdoor areas in the back and front. Beer list changes every week. Bar staff are really friendly. Haven't eaten there but the food looks good!

Houston, Texas
“Loved it”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Lots of beer selections, delicious and unusual dishes, helpful and friendly staff.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Great homemade food at a tavern”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Three of us had a great dinner at The Ritual Tavern last night. We liked the homey feeling of the back patio with all the flowers, tomato plants and herds growing in the planter boxes. We had the vegetarian spring roll appetizer, WOW, we were all impressed. For our main dishes we had the stuffed portobello mushroom, fish and chips, and meatloaf. The fish and chips were from local caught fish and it was really fresh too. The stuffed portobello mushroom was very tender with a lot of flavor! The meatloaf had a Demi glaze sauce that set off the flavor perfectly. Everything was right portion size, we left very sated.

I don't want to forget the homemade catsup and hot sauces, yummy.

Florida
“One of the best restaurants in San Diego!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I visited Ritual Tavern while in town during a trade show. I was waiting for another pub nearby to open for the evening and Ritual appeared to have a nice crowd; so I chanced it. My dinner was exceptional, the beer and wine selection superb and the service impeccable.
I enjoyed the experience so much that I actually ate there both evenings I was in town. The servers will explain about everything on the menu and suggest beer/wine pairings. Overall one of my best dining experiences in over 50 years.

• Visited October 2011